Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI for multiple asset retirement using ABAVN / ABAON

former_member707815
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I am working on one solution where I need to retire multiple assets using ABAVN and AVAON.

The BAPIs that I am using for this purpose are:

BAPI_ASSET_RETIREMENT_CHECK for validating the data before posting

BAPI_ASSET_RETIREMENT_POST for posting the data

Problem:

These BAPIs are creating new posting document for each retirement data. For example, if I want to retire 10 assets, these BAPI will be called 10 times thereby creating 10 new documents.

Instead, we want to create only one document for multiple assets.

So the question is do we have any BAPI or FM which can create only one document for multiple retiring assets ?

If yes, Please provide me the list. If no, what are the possible solution we have in order to solve this problem. We are not in favor of using any batch techniques like BDC or LSMW.

Help will be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

TammyPowlas
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

couple of options - 1. use the out of the box mass retirement functionality as described in the SAP Help: https://help.sap.com/viewer/67e323b7117e4c91869c258933f47182/1909.001/en-US/a78ad0531d8b4208e1000000...

2. Transaction ABAVN has multiple asset button:

Good to use if list is small

Option 1 is for a large list; your asset accountant super user should use this.

former_member707815
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Thanks Tammy for the quick reply.

I am looking for any BAPI or FM which does the job of creating a new document for multiple assets retirement.

I am trying to develop one utility program so option-2 where 'Multiple Asset' option is provided will be of no use.

Do you know any such BAPI ?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why is having a 1:1 relationship a bad thing? Isn't that the whole point of an automated technical process such as the one you are developing? That it will upload a mass of records and mass post them?

former_member707815
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi Nathan,

Having 1:1 relationship not a bad thing at all. The whole point here is to generate single document number for multiple assets which those 2 BAPI listed above fails to achieve..

Think from customer point of view. Why would a customer increase his effort in reconciliating these n number of documents. As per their need they want to retire multiple assets under one document.

I hope I was able to articulate properly. If more clarity needed, Please let me know, I will try to elaborate.

NathanGenez
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

One could argue that reconciling them on a 1:1 basis is easier. I understand that some may prefer it one way or the other, but I don't see an issue here. Lastly, I'm curious about other similar BAPIs. Can you change multiple POs or SOs in one update? I don't know but suspect not.

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello saurabh1249

If all else fails you can try to call ABAVN with CALL TRANSACTION from your utility. It's not nice, not pretty, not best practice, but it might work.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski