cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE to create notification

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am creating a notification for an order. I am passing data like notification header (which contains priority also) to the FM BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE so that the new notification will have the data that I am passing. It is creating a notification with all the data that I want to see in the notification except for 2 field i.e., Required start and required end dates. When i debugged this FM, I found that internally they are calling another FM CALCULATE_PRIORITY which calculates this required date based on priority. And hence the date that I pass to the FM is overwritten. Is there anyway I can bypass the priority check. Or is there anyway I can overwrite the date that is obtained internally with the date I want to pass?

Thanks.

View Entire Topic
Former Member

Hi,

Are you using You need to call the Function module BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_SAVE and BAPI_TRANSACTION_COMMIT

after BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE? In this FM the required stert and end date will be caliculated automatically. To get rid off this use T-code IW21. In this transaction pop up will come whether to consider the required start and date caliculated by priority. If you click no, will save the manually entered dates.Or else use BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_DATA_MODIFY . This will change the DESSTDATE Required start date

DESSTTIME Required Start Time

DESENDDATE Required End Date

DESENDTM Requested End Time

I hope this will help you. Thanking you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thanks for the response. No I am not using BAPI_NOTIF_SAVE and BAPI_COMMIT because, I am calling this FM as separate using in background task inside an enhancement section which gets triggered at the time of order save. And also I am passing the order number to the BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_CREATE. So it will automatically create and link the notification to the order when the order is saved. I have no problem creating the notification. The only problem is that I will not be able to give the required start and end date as per my wish.

scsi-009
Discoverer
0 Kudos
I solved it indeed by using BAPI_ALM_NOTIF_DATA_MODIFY passing the dates in the NOTIFHEADER structure and the corresponding X's in the NOTIFHEADER_X structure. This solved the issue for me