cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank statement search string not working

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I am trying to create a fairly simple search string, but whatever I do, it does not seem to work correctly. At the moment, when I upload the EBS, all the GL postings are correct. Currently the following postings are being made for deposits made into the bank account from a store-

CR Bank £5,000

DR Cash in transit £5,000

I want to put a profit center on the debit line. In the definition of the search string, I have it set up as DEPOSIT AT PO ###. I tested it with search string DEPOSIT AT PO 123, and it correctly maps to 123.

In search string use, I have it set up as-

External transaction type: N925

+/-: Positive

Interpretation algorithm: 000

Search string: DEPOSIT AT PO

Target: Profit center

Active: Checked

When I upload the bank statement, the finance document does not have the profit center on it. What am I doing wrong? I want the profit center to be on the cash in transit line only. However if that is a problem, I can put it on both. N925 is assigned to posting rule Z001, algorithm is set to 000. +/- is set to + only, as this is only used for store deposits.

Can anyone help me?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Herbert,

Can you share the screen shot of search string configuration.

What is the profit center name?

In the target field of search string definition give the profit center name and while assigning select target field as profit center. I am sure it will solve the issue.

Thanks,

AJ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi AJ

Thanks for the reply. I have now reduced the bank statement to just two lines to see if I can isolate the issue.

Now it appears to be working. The image shows the search string configuration, and the posting has now gone to the profit center too. The only issue I have now is that it has posted the profit center only on the bank statement line, and not on the cash in the transit line, which is where I need it.

Is it possible to get it to post to this line instead using configuration?

Herb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Herb,

Good to hear that you are able to populate Profit center now.

However, if you want to  assign the default profit center to cash in the transit line use T. code FAGL3KEH and assign the PC to the GL account it will be updated automatically.

Let me know if this works.

Thanks,

AJ..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I don't want a default profit center on that GL account. I want the profit center that gets derived from the search string to be posted there. It is currently getting posted to the bank statement posting line rather than the cash in transit line.

Aniket_D
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Herbert

Please provide screenshot of search string use.

Regards

Aniket

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone help me with this? I am really struggling to get it to work.

Thanks

Christian

Former Member
0 Kudos
former_member198692
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Check below links

Regards

Prasad