cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank Recon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

The issue is my client is using desktop statement and downloading the monthly transactions from bank by copy and pasting into text file and after saving into txt file later he is opening the same file in Excel and converting back to txt file and uploading the file by TCode-SE38 or SA38 by a program.

Once you run the programme it is asking Format - Bank Name, Statement Number - (what is this), Bank Key - Account Number, Posting Date - which date must give either Reconciliation month date or current date, in Input Control: i think converted txt file, in Output Control - Multicash Statement File - (what is this), Multicash Line Item File - (what is this).

Can anybody tellme how to do Bank Reconciliation in SAP because i am not familiar how to do so please give me the transaction codes in detaily later pls inform me how to do step by step.

Awaiting for your replies & points will be assign for useful answers.

Thanks in advance,

KUMAR.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I presume you are doing a manual bank reconciliation statement.

Normally the details got from the bank are put in an Excel sheet and saved as a text file before uploading to the SAP system. This text version of the file is the statement and it should be having a data field 'statement number' in it along with other details like bank key, posting date, amount, transaction key, posting, opening balance, closing balance, etc.

After uploading the statement to SAP through FF67 (normally), the system picks the statement number and all data from the text file if the same is done through a Z_ program or you have to manually enter the bank key and statement in the FF67 screen and execute it.

Hope I have given you a clear idea,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mr.Babu,

I am sorry to say you that i am not using manual bank reconciliation i am using AUTOMATIC BANK RECONCILIATION. So, please let me know about AUTOMATIC BANK RECONCILIATION.

Awaiting for your reply.

Have a nice day.

Thanks in advance,

KUMAR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The difference between the manual and automatic BRS is:

In automatic BRS, we would be directly uploading the statement (softcopy) received from the bank to our system for reconciliation. For this, we already should have mapped the bank system codes (BAI codes) to our SAP system codes for interfacing. In that case the automatic BRS can be done without any much data entry.

I hope you understood the scenario.

Regards,