cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Balancing field "Profit Center" in line item 003 not filled Message no. GLT2201

0 Kudos

Hello Expert's,

I am getting an error 'Balancing field "Profit Center" in line item 003 not filled Message no. GLT2201' while creating an accounting entry by doing a delivery through VF01.

According to the error we have tried to make the changes in Document splitting (Define Document Splitting for General Ledger Accounting) by removing the Check box as Profit Center is Mandatory (PPRCTR) in Partners Field.

When we remove this then we would be able to generate an Accounting through VF01. Can anyone please guide us the logic of keeping the PPCRTR as Mandatory and is there any other way by which we can get rid of this error and create an accounting entry.

Will appreciate quick resolution.

Thanks

KS

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor

If you define document splitting criteria based on Profit Center and if your billing document contains multiple line items with different profit center, this type of error will come.
To check this, Go to IMG > Financial Accounting (New) > General Ledger Accounting (New) > Document Splitting > Define Document Splitting Characteristics for General Ledger.
There see whether the mandatory check box is selected for profit Center. Also check in your billing document, whether any line item does not have profit center. You need to consult your FI consultant and carry out necessary configuration change for which lot of OSS notes are there. To name a few, have a look at OSS notes 2221237 and 2701813

0 Kudos

Thanks for your valuable comments sir, I have checked the same and have found the mandatory check box is on, if I remove it then it works fine. What is the logic of keeping it as mandatory?(Does this means whenever we post any entry related to customer or revenue it will ask for a profit center, otherwise it will not ask for the same.

Moreover we have a single line item in the billing doc.

Please advise the logic of the check box on/off? In the mean while we will check the notes.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
What is the logic of keeping it as mandatory?

Check the documentation from the IMG navigation path which explains the functionality of this. Of course, this is purely FI related and you need to check with your client finance team / your FI consultant if at all, any configuration change to be made.

ajitkumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you doing a delivery or billing?

Item in line 003 doesnot have a profit center defined and not able to inherit a profit center from other lines since probably 2 or more profit centers are already present in the document lines and system cannot determine which to inherit.

you need to examine this line to see what is in this line and why a PC is not assigned.

Once you know the GL you can assign a default PC in FAGL3KEH ( if nothing else works )

narasimhulu_konnipati
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi KS,

As Lakshmipathi Ganesan said, this issue has been addressed multiple time in this forum.

Basic reasons for the error is,

1. Profit center field is suppressed in the Field Status Group of the G/L in OBC4

2. Profit center field is suppressed in the Field Status Group of the Posting Key in OB41

Check them once.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This has been discussed many times in SCN and not sure, whether you searched already before posting here. If not, please search and take the inputs from there.

0 Kudos

Hi Sir,

I do agreed with your point, there are several of comments I have found and tried those as well but could not found the resolution. As suggested below by Mr. Narasimhulu, I have already checked the settings and Profit center is Option according to the Field Status group.

We are doing a Billing (VF01) and while creating an accounting it hits PC error. As I have mentioned above that by removing the Check box as Profit Center is Mandatory (PPRCTR) in Partners Field it works, but this doesn't seems to be a correct solution for the same.

Please advise what else to review in the system.

Thanks

KS