cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

b1if b1isn or b1ic for integration with other systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

I don't fully understand the different integration types and the difference between b1ic and b1if.

I want to create documents in B1 from text files - not xml - from other systems and create text files for other systems in response to B1 events and with data from B1 documents.

Which, if any B1 integration technology is most appropriate for this and which layer of the technology would I be working with. Would I expect to be defining processes with code or with an external application that I use to interface with the integration technology?

Are there any documented examples of this king if integration?

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jon,

Both B1ic and B1if are the same thing. They are the SAP Business One integration Framework. I think that the acronym changed at some point from B1ic to B1if.

Both B1iSN and B1if will allow for the integration that you are looking for. For detailed information on these solutions ... please see this blog ...

http://www.heinzpauly.net/

Hope that helps,

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eddy, thanks. That blog answers the first question nicely!

I have found this blog which pretty much explains a lot of what I want to do but it's for B1iSN 2007.

[http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/weblogs?blog=/pub/wlg/17171] [original link is broken] [original link is broken] [original link is broken];

The toolbox URL does not work in B1iSN for 8.8 and I cannot find the Graphical Design Screen to create new BizPackages.

Is this feature absent of moved - It would be nice is there was some addendum to the documentation to advise on this post 2007 edition.

Regards,

Jon

Eneveux
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Jon,

The graphical designer for B1iSN 8.8 is still part of the solution, however if for some reason you are looking at B1if ... then it will look different. You cannot currently install B1iSN and B1if on the same machine. The interfaces look different. You can tell whether you have B1iSN installed by the main B1i screen where you would see "Landscape", "Application Manager", etc vs. B1if you would see "SLD" in place of "Landscape" and no "Application Manager".

Eddy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eddy - found it!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Estimado, buen dia.

favor me puedes compartir o decir de donde descargo el B1if para instalarlo, si tubieses algun proyecto base como para tenerlo de guia y cumplir con mi requerimiento te lo agradeceria mucho.

favor estimado tu apoyo, quedo a la espera.

Answers (0)