cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoiding counting Stock Transfer from one plant to another as an Goods Issue in the MC44 report?

samnovice_new
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

In MC44 report, for field Inventory Turnover, I would like via configuration to disable counting Stock Transfer from one plant to another as an Goods Issue. Is this even possible?

If it is not possible, then I guess only solution would be to create Z report for Inventory Turnover calculation, with *exclusion* of these movement types:

301 TF trfr plnt to plnt R

302 TR trfr plnt to plnt R

303 TF rem.fm stor.to pl

R 304 TR rem.fm stor.to pl R

?

Any help is appreciated and many thanks in advance for prompt replies.

With best regards.
Sam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor

Hello samnovice.new

Transaction MC44 calculates inventory turnover based on consumption values not based on goods issues. Notice that not every issue is a consumption.

That depends on the material movement type configuration - transaction OMJJ:

Here you can deactivate movement type 301 as a consumption. Just make sure you really considered all the ramifications of such change.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

samnovice_new
Participant

Hi 3a9e4ce873a94034b33dc62b0ce600ee

thank you for prompt reply.

I think I understand it better now. What MC44 will calculates depends on what is configured in OMJJ (field Consumption posting) for particular movement type?

In case I would have to set value "No consumption update" in OMJJ for particular movement type (lets say 301), is that even possible?

If I choose not to play with OMJJ configuration, I guess I still have choice to create Z report for calculating Inventory turnover, where particular movement types will be excluded?

Best regards.
Sam

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

DominikTylczyn
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello samnovice.new

It's perfectly possible to change the consumption related settings of SAP standard movement types. Moreover you should align across your organization which movement types are considered as consumption and which are not. This way you'll get common understanding of what consumption is and you can use SAP standard transactions. Remember that consumption figures are used not only to calculate rotation but also to get range of coverage and for forecasting. In my view it's crucial to have a common understanding of how consumption is calculated.

Of course you can always write a Z-report to any which way you wish. However that's the least favorable option. It's labor intensive and you'll be left with different understanding of consumption for different purposes. That's not good at all.

Best regards

Dominik Tylczynski

samnovice_new
Participant

Hi 3a9e4ce873a94034b33dc62b0ce600ee,

I understand it now. Thank you very much.

I have marked question as answered.

With best regards.
Sam