cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid extension of material to two different plants

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

following situation: if a material is on a certain MMSTA status, it shouldn't be possible to extend it to another plant.

We're on ECC6 EHP5 .. did anybody else realize such a check? Any possibility by standard custo?

Thanks for feedback in advance

Kurt

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the status in the exit EXIT_SAPLMGMU_001 (which is only run through when the save button is pressed - so the user has probably spend some time and work) and issue an error message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Jürgen,

thanks for your feedback... unfortunately I can't "sell" this idea to my customers. They would never accept it like this (error only after pressing the save button). Do you know if there is a similar exit which I could use for this check already before/during MM01 ?

Tnx

Kurt

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

this is the only exit in material master beside of the exits for material numbers.

There is a BADI BADI_MATERIAL_REF which is used to set defaults. maybe it is possible to something there.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

abumohammad_shoyeb
Participant
0 Kudos

In OMS4, there is no such option to avoid extend the material. MMSTA is plant specific data. You can write your own code to avoid it.

Prasoon
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,
  As per my knowledge, you cant restrict material master extension to plants based on maintenance status. You can achieve it through autorization profiles with specific authorization objects (eg: M_MATE_STA).

Regards,
AKPT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

this is no solution...this way the material status (MARC-MMSTA) isn't checked.

Tnx anyway.