cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average time for payroll processing

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

I want to know how long time is acceptable to run a payroll for 3000 employees, for example.

In this system, we have configued internation payroll with some payroll functions to get local taxes and social security, also use average and calculate some provisons. The average time is 3 employees per second.

In your experience is that an acceptable time for payroll processing? How long time should be right?

Thanks.

Enrique

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For LIVE Payroll Processing, it takes 4 to 8 min for employees 3000 to 5000.

But you should remove the display log & remu statement. If you select the log & remu, it takes hours.

Kind Regards,

Saisree.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

It mean that payroll should run as 12 employees per second !!!

How can I get this time? What advice can you give me to run it as far as yo said?

Thanks

Enrique

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Im using as it (without payroll statement and without log), but don't get a fast time. The average is 500 employees in 3 minutes.

Using "Scheduller for parallel payroll" I can get a better time because it run in several jobs, but the average of each job is the same, 3 employees per second (might be better because the server is powered better).

The time that you said is for any SAP payroll? which country?

regards

Enrique

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is a report RPCSC000. This enables you to run the payroll in background in multiple sessions.

Example: YOu have 5000 EEs for whom you run payroll (remember 1 payroll area). If you input "split the jobs for each 1000 ees, it will automatically create 5 jobs with payroll run for 1000 employees each and 5 sessions will run in parallel. It can reduce your cycle time by more than 50%.

Many companies who have large group of EEs use this report to execute payroll runs every pay period.

You will need to create a variant in the RPCALCX0 and then call that variant in this program.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Baburaj S Avanathan

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have around 10000 employees and we use parallel processing RPCSC000 (Created custom transaction code to be able to run the same in production ). It completes between 10-15 minutes.