cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability control for WBS - elements(PS)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I need to activate availability control (WBS -element).

In the budget profile, I defined all values required for the budgeting process and define the budget profile in the project profile. I defined Tolerance Limits for Availability Control (for all operations).

Activation type 1 (activation with budget allocation) was selected for activation of availability control in the budget profile.

I created project with one WBS-element in the project builder, defined the budget this project (cj30) and saved it . And I checked status availability control in cj30. It was not activate. Why?? I activated it in cj30 but status availability control was not activate. Help please..

I checked component COFC in the TRWCA and TRWCI table. It was all right.

Thank you for any ideas.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Olga,

1. Did you check system status BUDG in CJ20N?

2. Is your question - budget control was activiated but you dont receive any warning or error message?

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. Did you check system status BUDG in CJ20N?

System status was BUDG.

2. Is your question - budget control was activiated but you dont receive any warning or error message?

Budget control wasn't activiated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Does anybody know number of a note to decide this problem?

Former Member

Olga,

Please check if you have activated the flag "Releases" in the budget profile. If the flag is set, availability control will just be carried out over released budget and therefore, will not be activated till you release some budget (transaction CJ32)

Cathy,

If availability control is active for a WBS element, the status AVAC will be set for it. You can also check if availability control is active in report BPFCTRA0, but I guess it is easier just to check the WBS's status.

Best regards

Martina

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Availability control will be activated only after releasing the budget. Release the budget using transaction CJ32.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sudhir,

This is just true if the flag "Releases" is set in the budget profile. Otherwise, simply allocating budget in CJ30 should sufice to activate availability control (provided that activation type is 1, of course)

Rgds

Martina

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi! Martina,

I agreed with you.

According to OSS Note 602588 "Due to technical reasons as well as performance reasons, the availability control can only be activated if budget already exists on the order or on at least one WBS element of the projects"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please activate availability control in cjbv after assigning the Budget & check the status of it.You can review the SAP Note # 178837.

Hope this will help you.

Best Regards,

Rakesh Pradhan

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi, have u resolved this? if so, could u tell me? i'm having a similar issue. how do u check availability control is active or not?