cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability Check for Mov.type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

Can we configure Availability check for Mov.type?? If yes what are the settings to be done??

Points will be awarded!

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member

Hi,

Thanks a lot for the quick response. As you have mentioned I have done the above steps. Now I have doubt that actually my requirement is to activate the Dynamic Availability check for a Mov.type. So in the above transactions OMCM & OMCP in the mov type tab we have a Dynamic Availability check Column where we can set the message as Warning, Error etc..

As per your above points If I assign the check rule to my transaction code system will do Availability check when I execute the transaction irrespective of material.

So Do I have to do the above step? Or shall I assign the Checking Rule to my mov.type in OMJJ ( update Control) tab?

Kindly reply your valuable suggestions?

Regards,

former_member192897
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In OMJJ you can only assign Checking Rule to Movement type. But in OMCM & OMCP You can define New Checking Rule and assign the Same to movement type & Trxn Code.

Regards,

Ashok

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ashok,

Thanks for the reply.

My doubt is - Is it necessary to assign the Check Rule to Transaction Code in order to activate the Availability check for a Mov.type??

If we assign the Checking Rule to a transaction Code as mentioned above then system will do Avail-check for the transaction irrespective of material or only for the mov.type for which I assigned the checking rule?

Please Clarify the above Point!

Regards,

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Yes, you have to assign the availability check to the transaction code and then it will search for movement type level.

If for a movement type, you have not assigned the availability check then it will not check the availability for that movement type even if it is assigned to the transaction code.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the reply.

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can. First go to Transction OMCM for Goods receipts and OMCP for goods issues, Here you define your checking rule assign it to the perticular T-code and make whether warning or error based on your requirement for the perticur movement type.

Regards,

Raviraj

pankaj_singh9
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to OMCM - For Goods Receipt Movement Types

and OMCP - For Goods Issue / Transfer Postings Movement Types

Here follow the below steps;

1. First assign the Availability check key to the movement type

2. Define Checking Rule (if required)

3. Define Scope of Check for the combination of Availability check and Checking rule

4. Assign Checking Rule to the transaction code

Note: - Checking Group should be maintained in material master