cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

availability check and release of production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Suppose I have to manufacture a finished product f1. bom components are r1 and r2. stock of r1 and r2 are zero. after MRP run, planned orders and purchase requisitions are created. at this stage when i converted planned order to production order, i did material availability check by clicking the button in header screen of production order.it says missing parts . i can see the missing parts list.

I tried to release the production order , system allowed me to release it. But in my availabilty check i have given 'user to decide when creating' as well as i have given 'user to decide while releasing' the production order.

why did it allow me to release the produciton order? In scope of check i have put a X in planned order. still why system says missing parts?

guys please help me out.

Regards.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Yasir,

in ur case ur lead time of procurement of R1 and R2 may be more than ur production final requirement date. i think u r using backward scheduling. in order creation do forward scheduling by giving order start date then u wont get ur missing parts, because it will consider ur raw material available date and confirms the qty and it schedules the order according to that.

if u want in ur current scenario availability wants to work, put requirement in post dated i.e. R1 or R2 lead time which one is max + ur inhouse production time for F1 then u check it. suppose ur lead time to procure R1 is 5days and R2 is 7 days and F1 is 3daysthen u should put 10working days post from current then do MRP run and complete the cycle and get back to me

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As per the configuration, 'user to decide while releasing' the production order' it allows you to release the production order. But the system gives you the information and creates a log and the production order status shows that missing parts in this production order. There is one type of flexibility system gives you, we can start the production with using some other production order material based on the criticality or some excess material by saving the scrap percentage.

Regards,

V. Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

the ava check will be different for create and release. Are they different or same in your case?

Former Member
0 Kudos

what r u asking?

u only said, user will decide to release, if he says release then it will release.

and there is nothing like release status in Planned order.

Pravin M.

TCS