Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avail. check in subcontracting orders

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I have recently faced an issue that must be a well-known problem. Unless I am doing something wrong.

When you place a subcontracting PO, its components are reserved in stock. The problem is that the availability check is not started automatically when the order is placed, but must be explicitly triggered by the user on the component screen.

This creates two problems:

- There's no warning about unavailability of components

- The reservations are not confirmed (committed), which means that the other orders (prod. orders, sales orders) competing on the same stock don't see them and reserve the stock for themselves.

I wonder if there's a way in standard SAP (either customising or a user exit) to force availability check of the components.

TIA

Raf

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Check it in OPPJ

Regards,

Raman

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thank you, Vivek and Roman.

No, my problem is not the details of the availability check. Once it is initiated manually (trs ME22N > Components > Comp. list > Comp. avail.) it works fine.

My problem is that the check must be explicitly started by the user. For me it sounds natural that the comp. quantity required for a subcontracting order becomes immediately confirmed if only available. Otherwise, there are quite obvious problems that I described before.

Any hints please?

TIA

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

If u manitain availability check, collective/ individual requirements planning strategy, lot size and MRP in the material master. It will be helpful to some extent

Regards,

Raman

rafael_zaragatzky
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the input. I have found the answer - it is impossible.

If you like, check the OSS note 323991 why.

In short, SAP doesn't want to reserve the stock and doesn't recommend doing this manually since the following stock movement (541) doesn't consume this reservation, as this is the case in e.g. SD and PP. The functionality is simply not there.

For our purposes however, it is enough to cancel the reservation when the the subcontracting PO is recieved and closed (thus effectively cancelling the reservation). But SAP doesn't have provision for this case. We will have to continue running the avail. check manually...

BR

Raf

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Raf,

Please check in OPJJ, the scope of your av check is defined here. So based on your business need, please make the appropriate settings. Alternatively if you can post the values of your present rule, then might be of better help.

Regards,

Vivek