Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automation of PO Creation Process

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear All,

System in use : SAP AFS 6.0

Is there a way where we could automate the PO Creation Process. Presently we carry out the PO creation via ME57 and then ME21N.

Awaiting a favourable reply

Thanks & Regards

Shabeen Buhary

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Venkat,

Question

Why do i need to assign source of supply for the PR (since after the material is created, i maintained an inforecord for the same)

Besides that for the PRs  i do not maintain any release strategies as such.

I tried carrying out the process of assigning source via me52  and then the PO gets created automatically.

Thanks

Shabeen Buhary

Former Member
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In an effort for you to successfully use the Transaction code ME59N to automatically convert the current PR into PO , then the following criteria should be met :

1.In purchasing View of the material master data , the "Autom. PO " field must be clicked .

2.In the Purchasing View of the Vendor Master Data , the "Automatic Purchase Order " field must be clicked.

3. The Outline Agreement or Purchasing Info Record shall be maintained which will allow the automatic copying of unit price and other conditions into PO.

4.The Source List shall be maintained for the nominated vendor which was shown in  either the Outline Agreement or Purchasing Info Record .

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi venkat,

Thanks for the information. I shall check on the same and provide my feedback.

Thanks & Regards

Shabeen Buhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Venkat,

I did the changes as mentioned by you.But i get a message stating "no suitable requisitions are found" though there are purchase requisitions when viewed via /n/afs/md04 for the given materials

1.In purchasing View of the material master data , the "Autom. PO " field must be clicked .

Done

2.In the Purchasing View of the Vendor Master Data , the "Automatic Purchase Order " field must be clicked.

Done

3. The Outline Agreement or Purchasing Info Record shall be maintained which will allow the automatic copying of unit price and other conditions into PO.

DO I NEED TO MAINTAIN ANY TICKS IN THE INFORECORD

4.The Source List shall be maintained for the nominated vendor which was shown in  either the Outline Agreement or Purchasing Info Record.

As of the source list, what do i have to carry out.

Thanks & Regards

Shabeen Buhary

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

Please assign source of supply in PR . And check fixed vendor  in source list (optional).The PR subject to release strategy and it has to be released .

Thanks.

former_member210560
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Shabeen,

You can assign your contract or outline agreement which contain the valid price for the particular

vendor. To do this , you can use transaction ME01. The source list actually is to help automatic

PO get the valid price from source like contract else the automatic PO could not be create as there is no manual intervention like manual PO.

Regards,

ian Wong Loke Foong

Former Member
0 Kudos

For SAP AFS Refer the OSS Note 908429 - Create PO automatic flag functionality in AFS.

Note 934129 - FAQ's on AFS-Purchasing.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabeen

Automatic PO creation is possible. For this you need to tick the check box in Material master PURCHASING VIEW "AUTO PO" and in Vendor master -> Purchasing view -> "AUTOMATIC PURCHASE ORDER" checkbox.

Then system will generate the PO based on this master data's during MRP run

-S Kumar

anup_patil3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

You can use Tcode-ME59N to fulfill your requirement. You need to maintain selection screen of ME59N and schedule it in background to convert all relevant PR's into PO.

Also, you need to maintain indicator- Auto PO in Material Master --> Purchasing view.

Hope this will help.

Regards,

Anup

Former Member
0 Kudos

you can use ME59N, if you have single source and you allow auto PO creation for material and Vendor.

Either you need to have single source for each material or you need to assign vendor in a sperate step to a requisition and than go for ME59N for mass creation of assigned requisitions.

Regards,

Dakshesh