Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic update of Asset master on updating equipment master

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Is it possible to automatically update the asset master on updating the equipment master. In asset master with some enhancement, customized fields like, equipment number, plant, licence plate, cost center,location and serial number has been added in asset master. client want to automatically update those fields on updating equipment master.

Thanks

Vivek Varun

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prashant_pandey2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

I think it should be possible for cost center, location and plant via. customising. We have to check for other fields. To understand further, kindly check on below points:

1. Equipment Category in question is linked to which Asset Class ? (You need to search where it can be found).

2. Are assets already populated in equipment master (org tab of IE02) ?

3. Please provide screen shots for below two paths?

a. SPRO --> Financial Accounting (New) --> Asset Accounting --> Master Data --> Automatic Creation of Equipment Master Records --> Specify Conditions for Sync of Master Data (Check for your relevant Asset Class)

b. SPRO --> Financial Accounting (New) --> Asset Accounting --> Master Data --> Automatic Creation of Equipment Master Records --> Assign Master Data Fields to Assets and Equipment

Thanks,

Prashant

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Prashant ,

Thanks a lot for your input. With your input, I have achieved the result in one of my  client's server, but with same configuration I could not get result in another client's server.

What can be the reason for this. Secondly if I want to update z fields then how can it be done?

Thanks

Vivek Varun

prashant_pandey2
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hello Vivek,

If you have two different results with same configuration, you may need to verify your data for other client.

For updating Z fields in view V_TAAPM2, I believe you may need to take ABAP help (exit AAPM0001). You need to add additional fields to the SAAPM1 and SAAPM2 structures so-that you should be able to make assignments. Also as suggested above, you can refer note 370884 for more info.

Let us know if solution works for you.

Thanks,

Prashant

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

There are several similar discussions on this topic, hence I suggest to go through below links,

Asset Linking in Equipment Master | SCN

WR,

PS R

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PS,

These links I have already  studied. Please correct me ,if I am wrong, in these link  its given as on updating asset master equipment master will be created. My requirement is  both equipment master and asset master are already created. Now if user do some changes in equipment master through IE02, for example change the cost center of equipment then  same cost center should automatically get updated to asset master. So linking is  with IE02 and AS02.

Is this possible

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

I guess below note should give you more insight about your issue

370884 - PM-AA 4.6C: Consulting on sync activation + corrections

Regards

Terence

psr2412
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Business Area, cost center, etc such fields if you defined in asset master then you cannot change these fields in IE02. Any changes done in AS02 will automatically get updated  in equipment master.

Regards,

PS R

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Terence,

IS any prerequisites for using this note, as currently asset number is not linked to equipment master, means asset number is not assigned to equipment master.

vivek_varun2
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PS,

Changes will be done in equipment master and automatic update should happen in  asset master. scenario is reverse here.

MTerence
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

This is not the note to apply. Its a consulting note, SAP will be explaining the possible scenarios of issues or the way system behaves when you configure.

As far i read, this note covers below info

1. What happens when you create a master record?

2. How is the linkage between the created master records established?

3. What does happen when you change a master record?

4. How is time-dependent data being synchronized?

5. What do you have to consider when changing a linkage?

6. Details of a synchronization using the workflow

7. Required program corrections

8. Other relevant or referred SAP notes.

You will be answered for all the above questions

Regards

Terence