cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic production order creation and confirmation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I am in a situation where i have to configure the SAP system in the following ways:

1. From the planned orders automatically production order should be created today for the next day production and the end user will re-declare the quantity if there are any changes in the production order.

2. If there are no re declarations to be done SAP should automatically release production order and save it.

3. After the goods are produced the confirmation of the order should happen automatically from the measuring points.

4. In the order confirmation, the storage location for goods issue should be automatically captured from the goods issue slip.

5.After the confirmation of the order the goods receipt should happen automatically.

Please suggest me whether these are possible in SAP or not. If yes please tell me the procedure.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

ET,

Your requirements are not detailed enough to offer a solution. Some comments:

1. From the planned orders automatically production order should be created today for the next day production and the end user will re-declare the quantity if there are any changes in the production order.

Planned orders can be converted to production orders using program PPBICO40 in a batch job.

2. If there are no re declarations to be done SAP should automatically release production order and save it.

There are a couple of approaches to this. First you must define how you intend to inform the system that the users have completed their 're-declarations'.

3. After the goods are produced the confirmation of the order should happen automatically from the measuring points

It is unclear what you mean by 'measuring points'. In general, the clerk at a data entry station will enter production confirmations at defined key reporting points in the routing of the production order. There is no intermediate step. In other words, the confirmation entry stations are the measuring points.

.5.After the confirmation of the order the goods receipt should happen automatically.

Well, generally, most companies only wish to receive the output of the production order during the confirmation of the final operation in the production order. It is a common standard setting to concurrently receive stock upon confirmation of the final operation.

Your questions indicate that you are unfamiliar with Standard SAP functionality and in particular standard PP Shop Floor Control. I suggest you educate yourself about these functionalities before posting further 'basic' questions. Start with

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp60/helpdata/en/b1/c03ed1439a11d189410000e829fbbd/frameset.htm

and read through the entire module. The answers to all of your questions are either in my post or in this SAP Help module. If you still have questions after studying this material, please repost the detailed question.

Best Regards,

DB49

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I hope this will give you the clear picture

actually my scenario is:

Finished good= x

work centers involved = WC1, WC2.

HERE BOTH THE WORK CENTERS ARE IDENTICAL, INPUTS ARE SAME AND OUTPUT IS THE FINISHED GOOD "X" FOR BOTH THE WORK CENTERS.

I HAVE A ROUTING FOR THE FINISHED GOOD "X" WITH TWO GROUP COUNTERS AS (1)WC1 AND (2) WC2

When i create plan in md61 for 1 month and when i do mrp run in md02 it will create the planned orders and we can see the stock requirements in md04 and when we double click on the planned order we can convert them into production orders.

But my users requirement is, he want to run the mrp in md01 and after that automatically each day the production order should be created.

example with the above work centers and materials:-

i have done the mrp run for "x" for November and December months

i want to produce "x" of 200 kg on 30.11.2011.

so SAP should generate production order for WC1 AS 100KG AND WC2 AS 100KG on 29.11.2011 at 5 pm automatically and the user will release the order.

similar example:-

i have done the mrp run for "x" for November and December months

i want to produce "x" of 400 kg on 03.12.2011.

so SAP should generate production order FOR WC1 AS 200KG AND WC2 AS 200KG on 02.12.2011 at 5 pm automatically and the user will release the order.

Please suggest me how to do the configure settings for my users requirement.

Thanks,

Aravind.C

Former Member
0 Kudos

Aravind,

Converting planned orders to production orders automatically is trivial. Again, as I stated before, create batch jobs which execute program PPBICO40. The job can be added as a step to the MRP job, to be run immediately upon completion of MRP.

Configuration exists to automatically release a production order upon creation. OPKP.

If you have multiple valid Routings assigned to a given material, and you wish to create a method whereby one of them is automatically selected, then configuration exists to create automatic selection criteria. OPJF.

Best Regards,

DB49

Answers (0)