Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Posting of Consignment Stock - 411 K

govind_ramesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We are on ECC 6 and I have been told that there is an option to carry out the stock posting from Consignment location to Unrestricted location (MB1B-411K) automatically when the sales posting happens.

Example :

That is when PO is created for consignment stock (Item category : K) and receipt is done the stock is in 0001 K location (Special Stock).

Now when sales posting is done then automatically system carries out stock movement of sold qty from 0001 K location to 0001 unrestricted location.

But currently this movement does not occur. Directly the stock is taken from 0001 K Location and is posted. Which is wrong as it does not create a credit entry for finished goods.

Could anyone please guide me on this automatic posting configuration ?

Regards

Govind

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182673
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you looking to deliver the vendor consignment directly to customer, if so then you have to create a stock determination strategy and put the consignment stock also as part of the strategy. Then during during delivery processing vendor consignment will be picked up and a 601 K posting will happen. This 601K posting can be used for both billing and as well in the consignment settlement process. Through you eliminate the need for a 411K before delivery processing.

govind_ramesh
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Ramesh,

I did maintain a stock search strategy. My case is vendor consignment and not customer. Now the Stock gets reduced when a sales is posted. But the Billing doc does not show cost value as 411 movement has not occured. Is it correct to have biiling doc with only sales and no cost value ?

Advice

Regards

Govind

former_member182673
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I am also referring to vendor consignment only. The cost of goods sold will be credited in the 601K movement type document. In this document you would see a credit to COGS account debit to GR/IR consignment account.

In the billing document you can view the same cost under VPRS condition type as statistical value. So the cost is taken care of in the process.