Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Payment Program / Vendor Master Bank Details

former_member195383
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All,

in Vendor Master we have bank details section.for the vendor to be picked in APP, There the bank should be maintained, which is maintained in FBZP. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Does the Payment Method have any role to play here?I mean if the payment method is Q(cheques) , is it not needed to maintain the bank details in Vendor Master?

Regards

Rudra

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Payment method is important parameter. Payment method will control if Bank Details in the Vendor Master. For e.g. Payment method C (Cheque) will not check for bank details in the vendor master since that particular setting is not done in the FBZP, payment method in country. And Payment method for e.g. T (Bank Transfer) has such a setting in configuration that it will not sucessfully run APP if bank details of vendor is missing in the master.

Regards,

Chintan Joshi

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

No need to maintain bank details for venodrs if thier payment method is 'Q' for check.

Former Member
0 Kudos

FBZP is maintain paying company's (your organization) bank details.

Bank data used for vendor and customer master records must be pre-existed and maintained in Accounting -> Banks -> Master Data (FI01).

If you run automatic payment run (F110) for payment method, e.g. 'B' for bank transfer, the payment program will check these in vendor master:

- Bank details

- Email address

- Correct payment method in master or document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rudra,

your Question:-

in Vendor Master we have bank details section.for the vendor to be picked in APP, There the bank should be maintained, which is maintained in FBZP. Please correct me if I am wrong.

In FBZP, we maintain the Bank Accounts which we own and in vendor master we enter the Bank Account No.'s held by the vendors with their banks and this has got nothing to do with House banks that we maintain in FBZP. In some of the cases, the bank key may play a common role.. but this also depends upon bank key, its usage, design etc..

Does the Payment Method have any role to play here?I mean if the payment method is Q(cheques) , is it not needed to maintain the bank details in Vendor Master?

In FBZP, go to Pmt methods in a country.. There you will find a section which says, "Required Master Record Specifications". In configuration, you define for a Payment method, what the system should check, so if you have specified against a Pmt Method, that Bank Details>Account Number Required is a mandatory field, then system will check otherwise not. Usually, in case of Checks, we do not tick this as Vendor Bank Account No. has no relevance in case of check payment.

Regards,

SAPFICO

former_member207607
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Rudra,

if You run FBZP --> PAYMENT METHOD IN COUNTRY --> double click onto Your Country and method "A"

Here You can see a flag named Bank details (TECHNICAL NAME V_T042ZL-XBKKT)whose help on line states:

If you set this indicator, you specify that the payment method can only

be used if bank details have been maintained in the customer/ vendor

master record.

I hope this helps You.

Mauri

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi in automatic program Payment method is key roll in vendor master....

in creation of vendor master record u have to choose payment method and u have to insert bank details in house bank