Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic login to SBO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Version: SBO - 8.82 PL05

Forum,

In newer version of SAP when a user opens the application, they find now that they have to key in both the username & password. Where as in earlier versions, in particular 2007A it use to retain the last username that logged in.

Have there been any changes in this area or can anyone point me in the direction of reinstating this function?

Regards,

Orla

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member184718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Orla,

Starting from SBO 8.8, the application retains only the Company name you last logged in. You have to key in both the Username and Password. There is no 'Remember' option here.

Though the application displays the password characters in '*', you have to type both the Username and Password. This is purely for security purpose only.

Thank you,

Hari

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member186095
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Orlan,

I've checked the issue you have posted here in SAP B1 8.81 PL11 and SAP B1 8.82 PL04 and PL06. It is not happened. The system retains the last user name dan logged in.

Did you try in the 8.82 PL06 or PL04 ? Your problem solved there. If not, I think the new release can't retain it because it is new current system behavior for the security issue but actually, if the password did not tell to anyone, I think this new system behavior is not useful.

JimM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Orla,

This new change is for increasing security. I don't think you can change them back.

Thanks,

Gordon