Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic kanban Calculation

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

In Automatic kanban, i have created a Kanban calculation profile in OM19 with calculation type of calculating kanban quantity automatically and i have assigned this kanban calculation profile in control cycle  in PK01 for the material with combination of supply area. My requirement of kanban is working with production orders. I have also entered the no of kanbans and container quantity as they are mandatory fields. Now how to proceed further. I am unable to get any study materials from SCN for automatic kanban except "Help.SAP". Kindly provide a solution for this query

J.Balakrishnan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Before i answer, confirm whether you have the Enhancement package 5 function LOG_PP_LMAN_02 activated or in use already?

Question is because Kanban Auto calculations work in a simple manner w/o this function and with this function activated the calculation is extended. Based on this i can point you to the place where the documentation is available.

FYI Kanban calculations are independent of any strategy and calculated independently of whether its I/H pdn or Ext proc or Stk transfer.

What is required is the dep reqmts to be made available to the concerned components and for the storage location and this can be of any 3 forms as mentioned above..

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Can you provide the step by step procdure for automatic kanban calculation

J.Balakrishnan

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can guide you definitely but you need to let me know which SAP version you are in.

Functionalities offered differ based on the same.

Check if you have access to SFW5 txn in your system and let me know.

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

I have the access for the T-Code SFW5 - Display business function status

J.Balakrishnan

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Realised that my access to the same txn is locked. Try sfw_browser txn and see the status of the function LOG_PP_LMAN_02 as in screenshot below. Whether it is green or red is what you need to let me know. No need to paste your screenshot. Let know if it is Green or Red.

(Your first message said PK01 txn. Guess this should be Red in your case. Bacesue whover has this activated will be using PKMC txn instead of PK01).

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Business function LOG_PP_LMAN_02- kanban emhancement for lean manufacturing is RED in color

J.Balakrishnan

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As i guessed it. Ok. Now the thing is you can look forward to the basic calculations offered only and not any advanced/extended calculations.

None of the documentation or even the SCM350 (Computerized Kanban SAP academy course) will tell you the step by step and its up to you to struggle and learn things on your own.

Steps are 1. You need to pass on the dep reqmts of your Kanban component to facilitate calculations. This you can accompolish by setting up the same PSA (similar to your control cycle) in the BOM where the component appears.

2. Input the RLT (days) as say 1 day in the control cycle. (Leave it to you learn if this value is not populated and still see how or whether it works or not).

3. No need to use OM19 or the same details in control cycle. Instead the entry of 1 against calc.type is sufficient in control cycle. (Keep things simple during the intial learning phase).

4. The control cycle will insist for a minimum of 2 kanbans along with qty to be set as per the SAP design. Make it 2 and quantity say 20 respectively.

5.Load a PIR of say 100 for your FG and execute MRP. Ensure that the Kanban cpt has the Dep Req pointing to the same storage location in MD04 screen.

6. Note down the Req date of the component as in above and go to PK07 txn and execute giving the appropriate parameters.From date should be the req date and To date till end of the same week.

7. In PK08, view the results.

Formula is No of kanbans = (RLT * Avg consumption/Kanban quantity) * SF + C

= (1 * 100/20) * SF + C   (Where SF and C are defaulting to 1)

= 6

8. This value of 6 will be proposed and can be updated directly in your control cycle in PK08.

(Step 6 and 7 works different for me as i use extended calculations and differnt txns like PK08N etc.,)

(Calculations will get a bit complex with smoothing options as in calculation profile etc and you can check them later).

Note: This is the very basic way to start learning. Hope you are able to start now. It may be said as step by step but you will still struggle to get the calculation results. Carry on and revert back.

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thank you very much, i will work it out and revert back to you

J.Balakrishnan

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Work with some one in your organisation/project that decides on using the new EhP functionalities.

It becomes the responsibility of a functional consultant to see what is offered new and pass on the trigger to the concerned.

This particular business function we are talking about is a reversible function. Meaning once activated and later not found to okay, this can be reversed with no impact to previous data/operations.

Bottomline is it all depends on whether the basic calculations are sufficient for your business requirements. If not sufficient you can try exploring the new function.

If you look at the enhancement package section in the SAP service site, it says that based on their customer surveys they find this particular function to be one among the most deployed/activated among others made available.

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thank you very much, its working. I have obtained for the result upto obtaining number of kanban's in the field "Number of kanbans for the next change of the control cylce" and "Maximum number of kanbans in the evaluation period"in PK08. But after running MRP, procurement proposal is not getting created for Kanban materials and only number of bin's in the control cycle is only getting displayed in PK13N and resulting number of kanban's in PK08 is not displayed in PK13N. and resulting number of kanban's calculated in PK08 is not getting copied to control cycle's in PK02/PK03. Now how to proceed further for getting procurement proposals for kanban materials. Kindly solve the query

Please explain the difference between ""Number of kanbans for the next change of the control cycle" and

"Maximum number of kanbans in the evaluation period" and "

Minimum number of kanbans in the period of examination"

J.Balakrishnan

sap_pp13
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Purpose of the auto calculations is to size the kanban containers based on the actual demand existing for the component (in the form of existing as dep req of some higher level assembly).

Today my demand may be 100 units and i would have set up my kanban details as 5 kanbans with 20 qty per kanban. Tomm or in future when this increases to 200 i need to resize the kanban accordingly else the supplier will not have sufficient kanbans to supply or i may be short of storage space which may neccesitate me to increas the kanban qty in the container instead of the actual number. All these factors decide how the calculations areworked out.

In PK08 you need to highlight the record for which the calculation has been carried out and click on Detail calculation/F5. You will be provided an option to enter the number there as per the calculation or any number of your choice. Enter the number there and press enter and then save. The number entered will get greyed out too. Now if you check in your control cycle the kanban number would have got updated.

Max and Min number are of significance when you start using smoothing. For example previously you would have entered the demand data as 100 only and min/max will be equal. Enter data through out the week as say 100,120,140,10,180 etc and then system calculates the max number due to the max demand existing in the week.

Max number = Min number + Number of kanbans for the next control cycle change.

former_member220469
Participant
0 Kudos

Sir,

Thank you very much. I have created a Automatic kanban calculation without smoothing factor and i have obtained the results. Thank you very much

J.Balakrishnan

Answers (0)