cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic creation of Storage location....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends,

i have created a plant...i want to create automatic storage location for this plant...i tried in transaction OMB3 but i couldn't see my plant there.. Plz help me out in this case..

Thanks in advance..

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

This setting is for the creation of Storage location view for the material master under that plant, when you perform a material movemnt like Goods recipt then storage location view gets created automatically.

Once you maintain the Plant and the assignment of plant to Storage locations the plant will get populated in OMB3, then you can maintain this setting

Thanks & Regards

KK

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If the plant is not appearing in OMB3, that means the plant has not configured completely.

Always use copy function while creating new plant and use transaction code EC02.

IN OMB3 there are two controls one for plant and second as per movement type. in plant your plant should appear automatically there you can only tick.

The menu path for cretaig the s.locs automatically is.

SPRO > material management > Inventory management/Physiocal inventory > Goods Receipts > Create s.Locs automatically.

From here click plnt and Give mov type for creating s.Locs automatically.

(The automatic creation of storage location data is allowed for goods receipts.

This is advisable if you want to post a goods receipt without having to maintain the storage location view of the material master record in advance.

You have to allow automatic creation per plant first of all. You then have to explicitly allow the creation of storage location data for each movement type.

The storage location data is only created if the quantity is posted to 'standard' storage location stock. It is not created for receipts into a special stock (for example, into sales order stock).

1. Enter for each plant whether the automatic creation of storage location data is generally allowed.

2. Specify the movement types for which storage location data is created automatically.)

For Plant related query, can you please go to Transaction EC02. Then click on Structure and then on Navigation. From that list of plants, please double click on your plant and make sure all the assignment has been done correctly.

I think this should resolve this issue. If not, then please let us know how you created a new Plant and what all assignments you have done.

Thanks

Prashanth

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

First check u have created a plant or not? all the settings have been copied or not?

Try to copy 0001 and create a new plant.

If u created plant properly it will appear in OMB2, OMB3

Check it out.

Regards,

Raman.

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Firstly check in the table whether the plant in properly maintained in the OX10 tcode or not...

If not maintained properly then it'll not get reflected in the OMB3 also...

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hii priya...i got my plant in ox10 transaction...but its nt thr in omb3

former_member581212
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

Is you storage location in OX09 defined under the req. plant...

pls check..

If the assignment is proper, then i think you shd check it with the ABAPer bcoz data is not getttings updated for all related tables as well...

Regards

Priyanka.P

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

Have you done plant parameteers setting..pls maintaini think it then you will find u r plant..OLMB

and try

Regards

sravanthi

former_member872868
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Yes if you are not able to see your plant on OMB3. you need to maintain the plant parameter in OLMB than you can see whichever plant you want to check for automatic creation of storage location in SAP and than define the Movements types to that particular plant for GR. the most important thing is automatic storage location will only be activated if the movement type is for normal stock, not special stock.

SPRO---MM---IM---PI---GR--CREATE STORAGE LOCATION AUTOMATICALLY OR USE OMB3.