cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic batch not updated for doing GR of Third party PO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created normal PO & done GR, here automatic batch is selected.

but when I have created another same PO as third party PO, with Account assignment category- X & Item category- S(Third party).

Now when I'm trying to do GR then it is not updating automatic batch.It shows only warning message to insert batch manually.

Can you please guide how can I get automatic batch after click check button, for third party po while doing GR.I have checked all possible setting.But strange thing is that normal PO is it working & third party PO it is not.

Waiting for your valuable reply.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As the message is warning, you can very well proceed further, not required to enter the batch in batch field.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Anup,

The Third party scenario  the GR is not expected though you can do the GR which will be statically. As  While doing the  GR  for the TPO- PO system identify that Material is active for batch management , As system is not able to identify the  Material   as in TPO Po the Material batch is not maintain the syestem is asking  the Batch Number while doing the  GR

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

please post the message number of the warning message

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Below is warning message detail.

Enter a batch

Message no. M7191

Diagnosis

The material is managed in batches. Even though the goods movement will not be posted to stock, it may be necessary to specify a batch, i.e. when the batch where-used list function is active. Thus, using the batch where-used list, you can determine the origin and usage of the batch.

System Response

Depending on how the system is set, this message is either a warning or an error message.

Procedure

If this is an error message, you must enter a batch.

former_member183424
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As per my understand, there are no need to good receipt in third party process.

As the batch number is optional for third party scenario.

You can enter or not.

The SAP default this message number is a warning.

For more details please refer the thread

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi For third party scenario we do GR statically , but the stock is not update in system, then we go direct MIRO for main supplier.