cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic batch determination for components in production order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am trying to set automatic batach detrmination for the components in the production order.

I have done the below settings:

1. Activated the batch determination procedure ( standard procedure used) for the production order

2. Maintained the condition record in COB1 with strategy type C002

3. Batch class created for the class type 023.

4.Selection class mainatained in the condition record for selection criteria.

5. Components handled with batch . Stock available for the batch.

6. In MRP 2 view & work scheduling view i have maintained the Batch entry as "3" for the material.

Batch status is also activated for the material.

But when i try to trigger the batch determination , system does not provide any batches. Could anyone help me out and lete me know whether i missed any settings. I am basically from MM side so little confused whether i missed something important.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

do your existing batches have a classification view?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a classs with charactersistics:
1. Deletion indicator for the batch

2. Status of Batch

3. Remaining shelf life.

The same class i am using for the component as well in the batch master record. Evn in condition record(COB1) the selection criterial uses the same selection class. Am i doing anything wrong?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

was my question not clear?

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello,

Sorry i am not getting your question. Existing Batches are assigned to the class. Do you mean something else?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

if you go into MSC3N and enter your material and batch number and plant number, do you then see a classification tab?

From what you have described it is nowhere mentioned that the batch was received prior to your setup or after. And it is not mentioned if your batch got classified while doing a goods receipt.

you always talked about the material.

But if you do not have a classification tab in the batch record, then you cannot do batch determination using classification.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

You are correct.In the batch record under classification view class was displayed. So i thought assignment is done. But i was wrong, now i corrected by creating the class and assigning values to characteristics. During batch determination it's picking the batch, but if i change the selection class in the condition record still it's picking the same batch, even though the characteristic does not match.

In the log it shows Batch does not satisfy the selection criteria, however it picks up the batch. I don't understand how is it possible?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Was the batch already in the document and you exect that it gets erased when you do a new batch determination which does not match the criteria?

Or is the batch field empty in the beginning and the log says it could not determine a batch and still it assigns a batch?

Can you post the selection log?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check CORW (Define Batch Creation for Production Order / Process Order) tcode.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I suppose the selection class in condition record will compare with the class in the batch master record and even can change the selection criteria during the determination.

But is there any possiblity that the batch master record can be updated with the class, becoz even if i create a new batch after assigning the class to the material, it's not getting updated in the master record.

so i have two issue, one is for existing batches how can i assign the class and for new batches how should i get it done. Our business does not wanted any manual work. They need the class should to  batch master record by default.

Is there any possibilty in standard for the same.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

re:

But is there any possiblity that the batch master record can be updated with the class, becoz even if i create a new batch after assigning the class to the material, it's not getting updated in the master record.

Which class type do you use in material master?  only classification of class type 022 or 023 will copy to the batch master.

and classification for the batch is done according to customizing settings in SPRO > Logistics general > Batch managment > Batch valuation > Valuation for Goods Movement in Inventory Management > Activate Batch Classification for Goods Movements in IM

re: for existing batches how can i assign the class

you need to add the class manually in MSC2N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

We use class type: 023. I tried to activate the classification for goods movement in IM, However this did not copy the classification data to batch master record (MSC3N) for the newly created batches.

As you already told w/o the assignement of class in the MSC3N, automatic batch determination will not take place.

In configuration, it also gives option of customer exit for classification, any idea whether this can help to get the batch master record update with the classification data.

Also for existing batches.....any mass maintainenece is possible? Customers are not even ready to think about any manuall updation due to large volume of data.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mass upload of batch classication data is possible with LSMW

if the classification view for 023 class type is maintained  and it shows checked ok sign, then a batch record will usually get the class assgined when it gets created.

This will not happen if the batch exists already.

When do you create your batches?

Try it. Maintian a batch class in material master

then create a batch in MSC1N

you should see a classification tab with the class from material master

Former Member
0 Kudos

If batch is not created using MSC1N, whether is it possible to get the classification data in batch master record. In our case, business creates the batches as a back ground process during production order creation. Even batches are created during GR also. If i check such a newly created batch i could not find the classification data in t.code: MSC3N.

Am i missing any configurations?

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see OSS Note 85310 - No Batch Classification for Auto Goods Receipt

it has some background information in case you create the batch in the production order prior to the goods receipt

Former Member
0 Kudos

Cross check the setting and match it with the below step

SPRO path --->Logistics-General ---> Batch Management ---> Batch Determination and Batch Check

You need to create a Batch Search Strategy.

The sequence of steps are as follows -

Create Condition Tables

Create Access Sequences

Create Strategy Types

Batch Search procedure definition

Batch Search procedure allocation and check activation

Define Selection classes

Define sort rules

Maintain Batch Allocation Strategy Number Ranges

It may help you.

Regards,

Rudresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using the  standard batch strategy process. Already assigned the search procedure and checked the activation for production order.

Maintained condition record and asigned the selection class for the same. Did i miss something ?