cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto-refresh FMS before doc is added

0 Kudos

Hi.

I'm looking for a solution to a formatted search that I want to work prior to a document being added. A similar discussion was held on this thread:

A client is running SBO 9.1 PL09.

When creating a Sales Order or Invoice I need to take in the OSLP.Memo field to a UDF. I have created the following simplified query to do that from which I use in the AR Invoice (I've a similar one for the ORDR table):

Select t1.memo

from OINV t0

left join oslp t1 on t0.slpcode = t1.slpcode

where t0.docnum = $[OINV.docnum]

This is activated by Autorefresh when the "Due Date" changes and to "Display saved User-defined values".

But when creating a Sales Order or AR Invoice the FMS will not activate as the document is not technically created yet. Once created I can go back and activate the FMS. But this being the case we could just as easily create a drop-down menu of branches.

I have tried changing docnum with docentry in the above query.

Is there any further assistance that could be provided?

Alan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi All.

I found a solution to this.

I changed the FMS query to only look for the OSLP.Memo based on the OINV.SlpCode field...the document number was irrelevant in this case. So the FMS is now as below. Hope this helps someone in the future.:

Select max(t1.memo)

from OINV t0

left join oslp t1 on t0.slpcode = t1.slpcode

where

t0.slpcode = $[OINV.SlpCode]

Alan.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Alan,

Could you please test setting the FMS to (auto) refresh at the change of DocTotal instead of DocDueDate ?

Regards,

Johan

0 Kudos

Hi Johan.

I tried multiple denominations but as it referred to a document number that technically didn't exist yet it just sat there.

Thanks for your input.

Alan.