cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto population of Line Customer Reference field in a delivery note & invoice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hoping someone can help...

I would like to create a FMS in the Line Customer Reference field in a delivery note and invoice so that this field picks up the Customer Ref. No (NumatCard) field from the base sales order.

I am having trouble though with the query - any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you copy sales order to invoice or delivery, then this field automatically copied in delivery and invoice.

Let me know your process.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes, I agree that the sales order header level order number does copy across to the header level of a delivery note and invoice, however, I would like the header level Customer Ref. No (numatcard) field from the sales order to copy into row level UDF Line Customer Reference (U_LineRef) in a delivery and / or invoice.

I do not think there is an automatic way of doing this at present - but please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks for your help Nagarajan,

Kind Regards,

Emily

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Run below query and assign same as explained In last thread. Set auto refresh based on item code.

SELECT $[ORDR.numatcard]

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagarajan,

I have tried this by picking up a few base sales orders and copying to the delivery note but the order numbers do not seem to be auto populating the required field.

Furthermore when trying to do this manually by way of pressing shift + F2, an error message comes up which is 'Internal error (-1004) occurred [Message 131-183]'.

Any ideas what I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

Emily

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Not getting any error message. Let me explain the steps required:

1. Run SELECT $[ORDR.numatcard] and save it under query manger.

2. Assign this FMS at row level UDF and set it auto refresh by item code. please note that, change in customer reference will not updated at row level.

3. While selecting item code in RDR1 table, numatcard values automatically captured at your UDF.

4. When ever you make copy of sales to delivery, the values in SO are copied to delivery.

Thanks & Regards,

Nagarajan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Nagarajan - it does work! After my message to you I realised that I was trying to apply the FMS to the delivery note instead of the sales order - hence why it wasn't working! All sorted now though so thanks for your help.

kothandaraman_nagarajan
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Welcome.

Answers (0)