cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto adding waregouse to the new item

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts.

I have an issue related to the auto adding of the whse to the new item, i havent selected this option in the general setting because of this the whse are not added to some 23000 items, this also stopped me loading the openings.

please suggest the best way to select whse in the item masters as it would take too much time to add whses one by one.

thanks & regards

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this:

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gordon.

After running that query the result is 2 for every item,, do i need to write a value greater than 2 in the line item,,?

Former Member
0 Kudos

2 will be good enough to try because the line number start from 0.

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agranshu Shukla

aside from checking the general settings for auto add Whse i think everyone here is correct.

Just Create a DTW (2 columns ITemcode and WHSE) divide your 23,000 items into 23, so create a dtw on every 1000 rows.

in this way, it will be easier for you to update your item master.

hope this helps.

THanks!

Best Regards,

Darius Gragsin

former_member312729
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Use the DTW for adding the WHSE since it will be fast. Also u could specify the required WHSE alone.

Regards:

Balaji.S

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for the quick reply, i have selected few item to test , in the oitm temp i selected the item code and in the warehouseinfo temp i selected those whse which i want to see in their item master. the dtw updated those item successfully ,, however still those warehouses are not coming in the item masters.

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

thanks for the quick reply, i have selected few items to test , in the oitm temp i selected the item code and in the warehouseinfo temp i selected those whse which i want to see in their item master. the dtw updated those item successfully ,, however still those warehouses are not coming in the item masters.

thanks

former_member312729
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

In Whse info template provide only the Item code and respective Whse for that.

If two or more Whse need to be add then repeat the itemcode and respective Whse code. Send this template alone.

Regards:

Balaji.S

Edited by: Balaji Selvaraj on Jun 22, 2011 12:24 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi balaji,

i did the same i selected only on whse per temp in the whse tempinfo ..

agranshu

former_member312729
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI ,

In the template

Itemcode Whse Code

IT0001 01

IT0002 01

IT0001 02

make sure the Whse Code column to be in text format. Also save the template in Tab Delimated format.

Send this template alone in the DTW.

Regards:

Balaji.S

Edited by: Balaji Selvaraj on Jun 22, 2011 12:53 PM

Edited by: Balaji Selvaraj on Jun 22, 2011 12:53 PM

former_member206488
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Angransu,

Check administrationsystem initializationgeneral setting --inventory tab, auto add all warehouse to new item is tcked or not. tick this option.

and use DTW to import items.

Thanks,

Neetu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Neetu,

This option is selected now, but before that there are 23k items uploaded into the database, now the dtw is not updating the new warehouses to the items, it can be done manually but it will take time, i tried dtw,and i selected 100 items to test ,, with item code warehouse to update, it gets updated successfully through dtw, but when i check the items its all the same.., only one general warehouse is there. i am using sap 8.8 pl10..

thanks and regards

agranshu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agranshu Shukla,

For add more than one warehouse use OITW - ItemWarehouseInfo Template. for existing Items

For new Item you have to select option Auto. Add All Wa&rehouses to New Items in General Settings.

Thanks

Srujal Patel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agranshu ,

DTW is only safer and Faster way to do the same.

Thanks

--

Ashish

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Welcome to the forum...

You want only the specific warehouse for your item?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agranshu,

You have to select the add auto warehouse in new item while migrating the Item master or you have link the warehouse master data with the Item master.

that why the warehouse not linked to item master.

Now you can remigrate the Item master with warehouse master.

Regards,

Datta Kharat

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Agranshu.......

The best way is to use DTW so that you can inport in one shot......

Use WareHouse Info Template in Item Master Data........

Regards,

Rahul