cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorizations for UDFs

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there a way to create Authorizations for UDFs in Business One? Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check Note No. : [913442|https://websmp130.sap-ag.de/sap(bD1odSZjPTAwMQ==)/bc/bsp/spn/sapnotes/index2.htm?numm=913442] if this is what you are looking for.

Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like people to be able to view some UDFs but not change them while having access to them. This appears to hide them completely based on the text.

jitin_chawla
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

May be you can check the 'Active' and 'Visible' in the Form Settings for the UDF. You can untick the active checkbox and have authorization on Form settings.

You can check Note no. : 1062635 regarding 'Can I block a user from having access to Form Settings'

Regards,

Jitin

SAP Business One Forum Team

Former Member
0 Kudos

Using form settings you can make them visible but not active for some users.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member187989
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

U can restrict access of UDF's at header level by applying additional authorization for UDF form settings,

Note down form settings for it and create additional authorization for it.

Row level form settings for UDF's can be set in Document settings for each document by ticking UDF's

visble/active.

General ---> Document Settings --> No authorization.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to everyone for your suggestions. I may be missing something but when I go to check Active / visible in form settings it's not listed. The only UDF listed is a Web Tools UDF.

Former Member
0 Kudos

That may only be done through SP_TN or SDK.

Thanks,

Gordon