cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization issue in Asset explorer : AW01N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all ,

We have implemented ECC 6.0 , in assets accounting we have a specific requirement i.e we want to restrict the users to view the assets based on either profit center or plant .

The Problem in details is as follows :

- As per org design we have 1 co code and we have 7 profit centers for the co code .

- While creating the roles for Assets accounting , we wanted to restrict the users to view the asset based on profit center or

plant - in SU24 SAP has provided auth. object K_PCA for the same but it is not working .

- In communication the same with SAP we were told that , it is not possible to restric the users to view the asset based on time

dependent data of asset .

- The requirement is that user of profit center 1 should not view the asset of profit center 2 in aw01n .

- If we look at the trace as well as the programme then AW01N , moves around the following auth. parameters i.e COmpany

code , asset class and activity .

- It is a genuine requirement for our implementation and i am unable to understand how to resolve this issue .

Kindly help me out with some alternative ways to achieve the requirements .

Thanks in anticipation .

cheers ,

Dewang .

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dewang,

Have you tried transaction ANSICHT- Asset Views.

You can change the existing views to meet your requirement.

Object used for this asset views is A_A_VIEW for each user.

I dont think that, this can meet exactly to your requirement.

You might be required to change the AA design to fit in this asset views.

Thanks,

Srinu

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

HI Srini ,

I have tried the asset view fuctionality but it is not solving the purpose , as it is also based on asset class and depn. area .

I have tried that too .

Well before changing the AA design i feel if i can get some alternative for the same then it would be highly appriciated .

Cheers ,

Dewang

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can do one thing.

First define all your profit centers as user groups in BASIS. ( one PC = one user group, so 7 user groups in your case)

And you need to modify one user exit among the below.

AAPM0001 Integration of asset accounting and plant maintenance

AFAR0003 External changeover method

AFAR0004 Determination of proportional values for retirement

AINT0004 Change amount posted for certain areas

AINT0005 Dummy for extended syntax check. Do not use.

AISA0001 Assign Inventory Number

AIST0001 Exchange number range in master data maintenance

AIST0002 Customer fields in asset master

AMSP0002 Determine relationship type for two company codes

TRAN0001 User exit for asset transfer

In the user exist, your ABAPer to write some code to restrict the user to the transactions AW01N.

inputs to be provided for the developer.

When an user accesses tcode AW01N, and when he enters the asset no---before displaying the values, system should compare the user group code in the user master data and profit center center code in the concerned asset no.( table ANLZ)

If both are matching then only system should proceed further, else it should give an information message, sayihg that you are not authorised to view the asset values for this asset.

In this way you can give authorisation to tcode AS02/AS03 also.

This might help you.

Thanks,

Srinu

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Srini ,

thank you for the way out and explanation , let me check with the developer for the same .

points coming your way .

Cheers ,

Dewang .

former_member213733
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi All ,

FInally we had to go for an enhancement point in AW01N , where in we had inseted the required authorization object .

Hence closing the issue .

Regards ,

Dewang T.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dewang,

I have similar requirement from my client. Could you please share how you implemented the solution. At what point did you insert the Enhancement Spot in the standard code AW01N and what was the Authorization object that you called?

Thanks in advance.

Suraj