cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization Group in OB52

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Can anyone please let me know the significance of the authorization group in OB52.

Also can you please let me know the path or T.code to create a new authorization group.

Thanks in advance.

Krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I've not used it but my understanding is that you can limit the use of the open periods to certain users (e.g. you may want to allow key finance users to post into the previous period, but everyone to post to the current period).

You enter the authorisation group as free text in OB52 but need to make sure that the user roles are updated for authorisation object F_BKPF_BUP. The standard help in OB52 is quite useful here.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your mail. Can you please let me know how to create a new Authorization group, because we need to create a new authorization group for testing purpose and we need to to restrict that authorization group to only 2 users.

thanks

Krishna

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The first interval of the tcode OB52 specifies the special period i.e after the closing the fiscal yr some adjustment entries are required to be passed like tax amounts auditor's fees etc to maintain these things we need special period & Maximum no. of special periods can only be 4 and in such periiods everybody should not be authorized to pass the entries.

thats why we maintain the authorization groups.

tcode for maintenance of Authorization groups is PFCG.

Regds,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Meenakshi

Thanks for your suggestions, I am not able to get the authorization in PFCG. How do i check that, and how can i create a new authorization group and assign to few users.

Thanks

Krishna

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I m sorry the earlier tcode is for creating roles.

Use the tcode SU24 for creating the authorization grps and then in the roles of the users u have to specify the grp name.

Actually it is basis guys work so i will not be able to explain any more u just discuss it with ur basis team.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you, I will discuss with our basis consultant.

Thanks

Krishna