cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization group in Gl account

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends,

In Control tab in FS00 there is a field called Authorzation group which i think restrict the users for the GL Account. where i can create this group and how can i assign this group to a particular user to restrict a particular user from using a GL Account.

Any idea kindly share with me.

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Mr. Siva,

You have to goto t-code pfcg and set the authorization there and give the perticular accountant information in the column below that.

reward with the points if you have checked this!

thank you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello friends,

I have created one Role and given the authorization object and assigned one authorization group to that object. Then i assigned this Role to a particular user. I have already given this authorization group in the GL Account authorization group field. Then as per the Role, only that user for whom this role was assigned only should be able to post the transaction using that GL Account. Right?

But still all the users are able to post the document using that particual GL Account !

is there any other checkings i have to do?

Kindly let me know

Siva

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Siva,

The authorization group allows extended authorization protection for particular objects. The authorization groups are freely definable. The authorization groups usually occur in authorization objects together with an activity.

Access to a master record may be restricted. One reason for this might be to protect master data from unauthorized changes.

Authorization can be assigned for the following editing functions:

Create

Change

Display

All employees can display the G/L account master records, but only a limited number of people may create or change them.The authorizations for editing G/L account master records are set in your user master record.

To restrict access to a G/L account master record, enter a key in the Authorization field in the company code area of the master record.

Prerequisites: You have to define authorizations before you can limit access to a G/L account master record. You can find these settings in Financial Accounting Customizing under Financial Accounting Global Settings->Maintain Profiles .

Hope I had been able to help you. Please assign points.

In case you donot have idea of how to assign points, pls let me know.

Rgds

Manish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

The access protection account must ensure that only authorized individuals have access to the account and to particular data. If you are giving one user id here, he only open this account & postings...

For forther details better to contact your basis consultant.,

Pls reward some points.

Best Regards,

Sudhakar.Atluri.,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

You could assign authorisation group in the roles created for users .

Take basis guy help.

Anand