cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Authorization differences between Nakisa 2.0 and 2.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would like somebody to clarify the issues of Nakisa version differences.

For instance: STVN 2.1 has an Addon transfered as a standard transport to R/3 and include,among other things, already built in roles containing the string NAKISA.

According to "old" STVN 2.0 Administration guide I am supposed to take care by myself for many issues: One of them is Roles and Authorization - AM I right ?

Referring to Authoriztion, It brings me to a general question: Authorization concept in Nakisa is maintained in Nakisa or R/3?

Suppose I maintain A "NAKISA_ALL" role in Nakisa, how can I transfer it to Backend R/3 system?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Old version. Not relevant anymore.

We'll check in Nakisa 3.0

lukemarson
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there,

The difference between STVN2.0 OrgChart and STVN2.1 OrgChart "out of the box" (OOTB) solutions are that in TVN2.0 all authorisation configuration had to be done by the implementor. In TVN2.1 there are a number of pre-configured roles within the application that only require SAP (or derived) roles to be assigned to them. Additional configuration can still be made to these roles or new roles can be configured, as per the client requirements.

In both versions basic authentication can be configured in the administrator console. As with both versions, any advanced configuration of authentication or authorisation is carried out in the XML files.

Your second question, regarding maintenance of the authorisation concept, is dependent on what authentication method you are using. If you use the SAP logon forms or the Portal integration method (authenticating against SAP) then the application will leverage SAP structural authorizations. If you do not have these then you would need to build role-based authorisation within OrgChart (or use the pre-configured roles in TVN2.1). If you use Windows Integrated authentcation (not available OOTB) then you would need to build roles.

The security concept is complex but allows great flexibility in what you want to achieve.

I hope that helps.

Luke