Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attaching Our own report

RamBilasYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I need a help in creating report.

The situation is when we click the print button when the Picklist windows is there a default report appears with the contents. I want to create my own query and based on that want to create report which should be printed as the default one. How can I do this. I saw there is an option of PickList_New but then how to attach our own query to it.

Thanks in advance.

With Regards,

Ram.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ram Bilas Yadav

You can make/customize a print layout for the pick list by usind the pld. This is usualy the best. Other options is you have to use development, catch the print command or print preview command. Then from there open the queries manager, seelect your report and print or print preview. But before you do that you must make your query and a layout for it. Modification of a user report is limited.

Hope this helps

RamBilasYadav
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Louis,

Thanx for your reply.

Since I am very new to Business One I would require more assistance from you.

The following is the query for which I want to design a report and get it printed whenever the user clicks the print or print preview button during PickList screen (formid = 85).

<b>SELECT T0.DocEntry, T0.DocNum, T1.CardCode, T1.CardName, T0.DocDate, T0.ReqDate, T2.ShipDate, T0.CancelDate,

T1.Priority, T3.ItemCode, T3.WhsCode, T2.Dscription, T2.Quantity, T2.PickOty, T2.OpenQty, T3.OnHand / T5.NumInSale,

T2.PickStatus, T2.PickIdNo, T2.LineNum, T0.PartSupply, T2.BackOrdr, T2.ReleasQtty, T4.WhsName, T2.LineNum,T1.U_BEATDESC, T1.U_DELSEQNO

FROM [dbo].[ORDR] T0 INNER JOIN [dbo].[OCRD] T1 ON T1.CardCode = T0.CardCode INNER JOIN [dbo].[RDR1] T2 ON T2.DocEntry = T0.DocEntry

INNER JOIN [dbo].[OITW] T3 ON T2.ItemCode = T3.ItemCode AND T2.WhsCode = T3.WhsCode INNER JOIN [dbo].[OWHS] T4 ON T4.WhsCode = T2.WhsCode

INNER JOIN [dbo].[OITM] T5 ON T5.ItemCode = T2.ItemCode ORDER BY T1.U_BEATNO, T1.U_DELSEQNO DESC</b>

Now please guide me how to go about. I right click the query and clicked Create Report. I can see that report now in PLD. After this when I go to picklist screen and click the PLD button I am not able to attach this newly created report rather I am unable to this newly created report anywhere in that stage. How to do this. You where suggesting some code related handling. How should I be doing that. Please give some rough code logic. I know basic UI & DI connections and event handlings.

Another thing related to PLD, how to define groups and print something like groupwise total etc... When I add a new field using the database field control, how to attach it with a table. I tried assigning with a table and field but then its not synchronizing with the current row related data, its always picking up the first one in that table.

There is one more variation also required for me which will be a report based on Itemwise total qty report which would be required by another set of clients. This I will manage once you give me the basic idea in the above case.

Thanx in advance.

With Regards,

Ram.

former_member184566
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

yes, you won't see it by the pld of the pick list.

run a search on this forum on the following topic "From my addon to Advanced Layout Designer ". Here they do something similar and John gave a very suitable answer.

Just out of curiousity, have you tried doing this through the normal pld?? In the layout designer??

Hope this helps