cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

attaching an Excel document

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

what is the procedure to attach an excel document. I know that we have to create document thru cv01 but I am not sure wht doc type to use. If there is any thing to be done in config plz explain.

Thanks

Bhanu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

As i am not clear where do you want to attach the Excel document,

it can be attached to various objects in SAP like, DIR, BOM, production orders, Purchase order etc etc... please make your question clear.

There are two ways of attaching your Excel sheet/document to these objects,

directly Excel sheet can be attached to required objects of SAP with suitable settings

other ways is through Document Management System i.e. attaching an Excel sheet to DIR (Document Information Record) and then this DIR linking to SAP Objects (BOM, PO, etc).

If you give me your exact requirement, then surely i will give you settings & procedure to follow.

Regards

Rehman

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bobby,

Please reply to this thread.

If satisfied with the answers please reward points and close the thread.

Regards

Mangal

former_member184655
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Bhanu,

Some Basic Settings in

1. SPRO - Cross Application Componenets - Define Number Ranges for Docu.Numbers.

2.Define Document types.

3.If you are going to attach the document of excel type in BOM,then IN OS13,Define Item categories for Document Item,there must be a tick mark in the check box for Document column.

4.You have to create document using CV01N.

5.While attaching the same in BOM,the line item category must be D and u can assign your document and save the data.

<b>Reward points and close the thread.

If you need further assistance revert to forum.</b>

Thanks & Regards

Mangal

Dsk
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You have to answer the following question

1. Where do u need to attach a document ..it can be attached in various places like a.Material master b.Bom etc...

2. Also are u planning for a complete Document managemnst System (dms)

So if u be little more specific what you need .\

then u will get the correct answers...

thansk and regards