Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ATTACHEMENT RELATED ISSUE

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert's,

Please help me over this issue as mentioned below,

I am trying to attach document from my client computer, but if i try opening the same attcahed document on another client computer or the server, it does not open. Hence i expect from all you geneious people to help me over it.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member541807
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

put your file to be attached in the default share folder by SBO. its called B1Share. to access it

\\ServerName\b1_shr

regards,

Fidel;

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert,

As discussed above i have followed the above steps, i succeed in opening in the files from different client machine, but the problem arises when I try opening the PLD's it does not open and shows the error given below

ERROR ====> Attachments folder not defined, or Attachments folder has been changed or removed

but I can still preivew the PLD's , please provide solution over it.

regards

shabbir

former_member541807
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

to define attachment folder, goto Administration -->> System Initialization -->> General Settings -->> Path Tab.

regards,

Fidel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shabbir

please check your giving path is correct or not . please assign again path in attachment folder. Use Administrator right at the time of Giving Path .

Please Check in Administration->System Initialization->General Settings->Path-> Attachment

Thanks

Khan Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear expert

I have defined the below given path, but still it is not working. Please help me over it.

C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\Attachments\

thanks

shabbir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shabbir

is it your share folder C:\Program Files\SAP\SAP Business One\Attachments\ ???

I don't thing so it is your share folder . make a share folder or u can use your predefine share folder with name b1_shr

Thanks

Khan Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sir,

Infact my C drive on the server machine as wel as the attachement folder on the server machine is shared,

please provide me with your assistence.

regards

shabbir

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Shabkan,

Shared folder cannot be in the format starting with C:\. It must be something like
ServerName\b1_shr

Thanks,

Gordon

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts

My problem is solved, actually i tried to using

IP address to ping the server from the client machine,

ERROR => attachemnt file not found , error 51, error 55

the sap woiuld crash.

Solution for the above problem is

1] while you login from client machine use ==> "
server name" instead of IP address,

2] Please " share the folder and the drive cautiously and please set sharing permission or else it will never work"

Thanks to all you experts, i am now contented.

Regards

shabbir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi shabkan

Do one think make a folder and make this folder as share means provide share property. after that set ur attachment path of this folder in general setting. So hope u will be able to do attachment files on all client or can view on all client.

Thanks & Regard

Khan Imran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello ,

In SAP , the File management system is very important, if you want to view the File as attachment throughout the Network Location.

Two thing is required for the best Practise :

1. All the Files of all the users has to be stored in the Server with Shared Property.

2. All the Path in the general setting for all users has to be mapped with that particular Shared Folders of the Server.

Thanks

--

Ashish Ranjan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabkan,

This is a well Known issue.

According to me you have not attached the File from a Shared Location

If you attach the File from a Shared location on the Server, then you will be able to open that file from any Client system on the Network.

Hope it Helps. . !

Thanks,

Ashish Ranjan