cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning XSteps to control recipe destination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a question related to XSteps. I have used XSteps in ECC5.0. One of the deficiency we faced compared to process instructions is, process instruction categories can be assigned to control recipe destinations and can be generated without directly assigning to phases of recipe. This immensely reduces the maintenance effort. This is not possible in XSteps.

Even if the XStep references should be defined to destination while its definition, it should be assigned to each phase of the recipe. Any change is there in this design in ECC6.0?

Also what is the use of context in XStep reference definition?. When I try to create new context, its asking me to select a node and not letting me create.

The last question is, is there any mass assignment tool developed by SAP to assign XStep references to recipes?

Thanks

Prathib

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Based on my further analysis here is my conclusion.

1. The ways to assign XStep is either in master recipe or to production scheduler. No option to assign it to control recipe destination as in the case of process instruction categories.

2. There is no use of having context in CMXSV. This is since its reference definition. But the question why SAP has provided is still open.

3. There is no standard tool offered by SAP to do mass upload of XSteps in master recipe. This should be managed through a development. SAP has provided some details on how to build this development.

Thanks

Prathib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Animesh,

Thanks for detailed reply.

I still have following questions.

1. Iam clear about the use of context in Master recipe or process order. But we have "Context" in standard XStep reference (CMXSV) also. What is its use.?

2. I did the google but couldnt find tool for mass assignement of XStep to master recipe. Could you please share the details?

3.You have mentioned that assignment of XSteps can be assigned to control recipe destination without direct assignment to master recipe as in the case of process instruction categories. How this can be achieved. i dont bother about simulation.

Thanks

Prathib

Former Member
0 Kudos

Even if the XStep references should be defined to destination while its definition, it should be assigned to each phase of the recipe. Any change is there in this design in ECC6.0?

Ans: -

Nope. it is your chioce if you wiosh to assign it to individual phase of or single reference to all phase. It purely defpends on how efficient your design it.

We has 28 Phase (Ave) in each reciepe and we still have managed to keep Xsteps reference to minimum. Thanks to efficient XSTEPS master data designing.

Also what is the use of context in XStep reference definition?. When I try to create new context, its asking me to select a node and not letting me create.

Reference can be used in Reciepe and it helps in easing your reciepe creation. Context can used in reciepe or process order. Context is used to assign individual operation or phase. This is used is general all phase in generation tab could not be used.

The last question is, is there any mass assignment tool developed by SAP to assign XStep references to recipes?

There is one. I will find out and let you know. U can try yourself as well.

I have a question related to XSteps. I have used XSteps in ECC5.0. One of the deficiency we faced compared to process instructions is, process instruction categories can be assigned to control recipe destinations and can be generated without directly assigning to phases of recipe. This immensely reduces the maintenance effort. This is not possible in XSteps

You can do this in XSTEPS as well. But of what use will it be if simulation does not show data and the way you wish to see the data.

Simulation can be done for each XSTPS tree you define in XSTEPS master data.