cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Assigning number range to a new company.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

We have created a new company in SAP (let's say company A) and a new external number range (no. is 03 and range is 10000000 to 19999999; external because we want to input our own employee number for our employees) to be assigned to this new company.

I have assigned the new number range (03) in NUMKR feature for this new company (company A).

The problem now is when I try to hire an employee in PA40 under this company, system doesn't allow me to input my own PERNR. Error message says: "Number range 02 is internal, do not enter a personnel number."

I don't know why PA40 is still relying on number range 02 wherein I already assigned 03 for the new company in NUMKR.

Any advice please?

Many thanks in advance!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

dear as u said it is marked with external  then :

have u transported it via PA03's screen in INTERVAL MENU??

it will ask to generate an internal request it will save itself in production.

if you will not be authorised to create the request into prd then check wth basis to make u authorise for that.

hope it will work.

cheers...!!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

But I have to test it in DEV first before transporting to PRD.

And upon testing in DEV, error prompts.

Former Member
0 Kudos

wht was the error please explain.

Former Member
0 Kudos

The error upon hiring employee in PA40?

It says: "Number range 02 is internal, do not enter a personnel number"

My question is why is it still using number range 02 wherein I already assigned number range 03 for this new company in NUMKR feature, and is already activated.

Many thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

have u transported it from the initial screen it asked for a request and u saved it or not..?please try with  that completely.

i m sure it will not happen after that.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pl. check your structure PME01 for NUMKR feature whether Company code is allowed for return value maintainance. As per the ECC 6.0 EHP5

Personnel Area

Personnel Subarea

Employee Group

Employee Subgroup

Country Grouping

Personnel Number

Work Contract

Reason for Action

are the allowed for filed for decision operation. Otherwise maintain the no range as return value for the decision operation agianst PA for your newly created company.

Thanks,

Snita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I've check our PME01 on NUMKR feature. Please see screenshot. How will I check whether company code is allowed for return value maintenance?

Many Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Go to T-Code PE-03 then click on change / Display button. On the menu bar click on Goto & select the structure. Here you can find the field for decision operation. Those fileds are selected with yellow are allowed for field for decision opeartion but you can add some other fields in the allowed name sapce by selecting the field & save it.

Snita

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Snita!

I've seen PME01 for NUMKR. Valid fields for decision operations are:

BUKRS

WERKS

PERSG

PERSK

MOLGA.

This means that company code is allowed for return value maintenance, right?

But why PA40 is still relying on number range 02 where I already assigned number range 03 to the new company?

Many thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pl. check the feature in activate or not. If not activate then activate the feature & re-check it again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

how will i check if activated or not?

Sujith_EM
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

How you can able to see it  ?

When you are viewing the Feature through PE03-- you can see feature name ... you can see in the same line --  middle of the screen the status of the feature ---- whether it is saved / Activated..

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

pl. check towards the right side where the   Status: Active message displays.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Status is SAVED. How will I activate it?

rajasekhar_reddy3
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Go to PE03 maintain then ,Short cut KEY to activate Feature is CTRL+F3

Regards,

Raja Sekhar

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have activate it thru Feature -> Activate and now status is Active but when I try to hire an employee for this company in PA40, same error prompts: "Number range 02 is internal, please do not enter a personnel number"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many thanks, have activate it but still got the same error upon hiring an employee in PA40, can't use the new external number range.

VWITS01
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Again check PA04 and make sure you have checked External number range..

Regards

Shipra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have activate NUMKR feature but upon hiring an employee in PA40, same error occurs:

"Number range 02 is internal , do not enter a personnel number"

Why is it still using 02 as number range and not the assigned number range for the company which is 03?

Any advice?

Many thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes it is ticked as external.

former_member274797
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please make sure if the position or personnel area selected in actions belongs to the new company A and see if it works.

Thanks.

Sairam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, Position and Personnel Area belongs to the new company