cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset transfer within co code

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

We have 5 plants and have configured segment reporting.

Plant A is transfering their car to plant B.

I am using t-code ABUMN to transfer asset from old asset to new asset. there is error : Posting with trans.type 300 not possible , how can i amend it?

my second question is:

Since we have segment reporting: we also want that sale and purchase entry figures in books for both plant A and B. not just at co-code level the assets get transfered. We would like to see dep being posted in Plant A books for used period of asset and same for plant B from purchase date.

Thank you for your expert guidance.

Sanjay

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

sridevi_p
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Reqarding the second question, try configuring evaluation group for segment. Make it a mandatory field in asset master to select the segment in the Evaluation group.

If you have already in live system, check with ABAPer, if LSMW/report would help in updating the master records.

Once evaluation group is available, in any standard asset reports, you can get the Evaluation group after choosing dynamic selections.

Regards,

Sridevi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sridevi,

Can you please help me with a little more understanding of this. It is a new concept for me.

Many thks

Sanjay

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjay,

check if the asset is linked to a group asset.

It is possible that there are no values in the group asset? As such, the error AA324 will be raised.

In this case, you could deactivate the link with the group asset (in AS02, erase the group asset) if it is ok in your business context.

OR you could post value on the group asset, to be able to transfer the asset linked to that group asset.

Please also have a look at the SAP NOTE 327088 Definition of the delivered transfer variants .

regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bernhard,

Thanks, i cannot see a link between my main asset and group asset.

I checked every aspect of asset master but cannot figure out the group asset link, where it is?

Thanks for helping.

Sanjay

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Sanjay,

1) Are you sure that there is no group asset involved. If you click in AS03 on deprec. areas or in the table field ANLB-ANLGR

2) Have you really got the message AA 324?

3) Is the transfer variant conform with note 327088

regards Bernhard

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Bernhard,

Yes in the asset master of this asset there is nothing mentioned in "group" in "Dep area", in fact the cell is greyed out.

yes i am getting the error message AA324

The transfer variant i am using is in confirmity with SAP note 327088 (i am using 4)

Thanks

Sanajy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bernhard,

A small twist to this tale.

Let us forget "Group asset" for the moment the error seems to be different.

i think the error is due to no acquisition being posted to this asset during current year. it is true. It is mentioning in error details-

"Use a transaction type from a transaction type group, which can be used for the first acquisition to an asset."

But i am choosing related to "prior year acq" in "Partial transfer" tab. of t-code ABUMN, there is definately enough value on the asset from prior year.

why does this error persisit?

thanks

Sanjay

former_member205041
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you said that you have enough values from prior year on the asset.

Is trabsaction type 300 a prior-year transaction type.

(see TABW-BWAGRP and TABWG-XZUGNE = Current-year acquisition transaction)

Regards Bernhard