cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Transfer ABUMN

Former Member
0 Kudos

When transfering asset values via ABUMN, there is an option on the 'Partial Transfer' tab to select either 'prior year' or 'current year' acquistion.

Does anybody know the impact of using the incorrect choice..specifically if you have current year acquistion costs, but use the 'prior year' choice?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Unless you have both current and prior year acquisitions on the asset, the systems will not let you choose the incorrect one.

The consequence of using the incorrect type is that the display in the asset history sheet may be incorrect. Generally a prior year is shown as a transfer, while a current year is shown as an acquisition on the receiving asset,(Nothing is shown on the sending asset in this case)

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dominic..

I have a strange situation..there are APC in both the current and previous years on an asset. It's APC was transfered to multiple other assets via ABUMN all with Trans Type 300 (Retirmt transfer of prior-yr acquis. frm cap.asset) in the current fiscal year...The NBV of the asset is now less than zero..the APC is zero but the Accum Depr has a balance..

I am speculating that the issue is caused by the use of T Type 300 for both current and previous costs..I may be wrong on this however.

Has anybody seen this type of issue before?

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Steve,

It seems that you have permitted negative values for that asset.

In any other scenario the system should have prevented the transfer of current year acquisitions with TType 300 and also a Negative NBV.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dominic,

As far as I know, permitting negative asset values isn't done at asset level, but at depreciation area level.

Anyhow, this will be the reason for the problem described as above.

Kind regards

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Hans,

If the Depreciation Screen Variant permits changing the Flag "Negative Values" , then you can override the settings made at the depreciation area level.

Kind regards