cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset scrapping

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

When I am trying to retire an asset by scrapping(ABAVN) it gives error message that "the account requires assignment to a CO object". The G/L account that I have assigned to it is "Scrap losses" account. Now in the asset master I have already provided the cost center, so should it not take from it directly?. Secondly, I read in some threads that additional account assignment should be tried.I tried that also but the cost center(KOSTLR) is already active in it. Also I dont want to use OKB9 since i have different cost centers for different assets.So how can this be resolved?

Thanks

Bhavana

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

you must maintain in t-code : ACSET

fill following :

Account assignment object =KOSTL

Tra = *

Account Assignment Type =01 APC Values Posting

Tick AcctAssgnt.

Do the same for account assigment type = 02 Depreciation run

hope it can help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Thanks soooooo much.....we had been strugling with this problem since so many days.......Actually I am new to SAP. I just posted on this forum like that only......and it solved the problem instantly.......U made my weekend......

I was also getting the same error message while running depreciation run....Though I havnt tried yet but I feel that it will solve that problem also.....Thanks again....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also it would be nice to know why actually this is required? Is it always required or only under some conditions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is required to maintain configuration in ACSET.

Have a nice week end