cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset load Expired useful life

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am testing a mid year asset load and these assets are missing the expired useful life values in the depreciaiton area tab of the asset master.

Is there any reason why the assets are not showing the columns for the expired useful lfie in years and in Months.

A year end load is showing the expired useful life as expected.

Am I missing some settings here??

Thanks

krishna

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi krishna,

The values are based by fiscal years (values are stored in ANLC) and not updated during the year.

When you do an upload me advise is to put in the value no data (Blank) then the system calculate it based on the depreciation start date.

On the first screen you fill in capitalization date and based on that the field depreciation start date and expired use full live is filled in. But when you change in the upload the depreciation start date then it don't change the Expired useful life! That is the reason that I put no data in it

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thats exactly what we do when we load, i did not input any for the expired useful lfie and they are blanked out during the load and it generally calculates automatically for a year end load. But my question is why the expired useful life columns are missing for these assets in the asset master.

This is a mid year load and is that a charecteristic of a mid year asset load.

Thanks

Siva

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Mid year load shows Expired usefull life/periods. Check your screen layout and see if the expired useful life/period are supressed

Former Member
0 Kudos

Considering year end loads are good ,I dont think it has to do with the screen layout.

In the case of a mid year load do i have to explicitly input the expired useful life in periods and months.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you dont have to put anything in "expired useful life" as long your depreciation key does not calculate depreciation based on that. you only populate "useful life" field NDJAR.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks ,... thats what I did and i am not finding a reason why its not showing up on these assets.

Former Member
0 Kudos

check AO21 .. if the field "expired useful life" is supressed and you did not populated it when creating your asset record it is not gonna show you afterwards.

Former Member
0 Kudos

its not the case its always been optional...

I am thinking it has to do with the transfer date settings and current year load.... These are loaded with a transfer date of this year and no accumulated depreciaiton has been posted.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the expired useful life shows up after the year end close.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krishna

In all probability you have the legacy data upload with t-code as01 instead of as91. This is the same problem i used to face when i was doing my first aa installation :(. Please check and confirm.

Regards

Virendra Malik

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello

Do you mean you dont see expired usefull area tab in as01 but in as91? that is normal. Please explain your problem in detail