cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

asset class master problems: default values

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I'm having trouble mantaining my asset classes, I have created some new classes, which should have default values for depreciation key and useful life. However, when I can't input default values because these fields are greyed out. I don't understand the problem because I have created them exactly like previously created asset classes.All clases share the same account determination and layout, and I can't see any notable differences between asset classes.

Thank you very much

Daniel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check out teh config setting for determining Depreciation Areas in Asset Class.

Path: Financial Accounting/Asset Accounting/Valuation/Determine Depreciation Areas in the Asset class.

Hope this helps.

Please assign points as a way to say thanks.

regards,

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check in TRX AM05 if the asset classes are active in your Chart of depreciation.

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dominic,

yes, the asset classes are active (not blocked) in AM05

dominic_holdstock
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

What about OAYZ? are the classes/depr areas deaktivated here?

Kind regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

They are also activated in OAYZ. In fact, we can create assets for that class, however, we would need for the default values to show up, and they don't, they have to be inputed manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

At the cost of sounding silly, pls. check whether OAYZ is in display mode or change mode.

Thanks

Jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have checked, I think, all relevant customizing points. The problem is that I can modifiy, in OAYZ, the fields "deact" and "layout", but I can't modify the depreciation key or the useful life. This happens for all new asset classes, although I can still modify these fields in the previously created asset classes.

If this gives any more help, if I enter the system in english (usually I do it in spanish), the asset classes for which this happens don't have a description, he others do.

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I think the problem lies in the screen layouts. Go to AO21 and ensure that the useful life and dep key have the box checked for Class. This should solve your problem

Thanks

Jagdish