cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Class - Change LVA regulations

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi everyone,

I am about to implement the new regulations for low value assets in german companies. The new regulation says that the amount and the depreciation must be changed. Therefore I have followed the instructions given in SAP note 1082378. So far everything is fine.

The note describes a procedure to set up a new asset class for lva. The people from the acct. dept. now suggested not to create a new class, but to change the existing lva class.

Now my question is: If I change for example the setting of the amount for the existing lva class for the specific company codes, does this affect existing assets in any way?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Martin

Edited by: Martin on Nov 18, 2008 11:24 AM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member601419
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

What was your setting before and what are you changing it to. The only affect should be that the system wont give you an error message when a certain value is reached. Remove the check for these asset classes.

Test in Dev/QA first.

Thanks,

Zaid Azam

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Zaid,

Thanks for your answer. I have made a test in our QA-system. I came to the to the conclusion that it does not affect anything. I can easily take the old LVA asset class and modify it. As they are in the same depreciation area, the amount settings for LVA would affect all the LVA classes that use the amount check.

The other thing is that I had to create a new depreciation key for our german depreciation area. This will also just affect the newly generated lva assets the old ones will not be touched by that change.

Regards,

Martin

Answers (0)