cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset Balance Carry forward

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

I have doubts in Fixed Asset If i want to transfer the balance from 2013 to 2014.

First step I have run AJRW T-code Asset year for 2014 has been opened.If check faglb03 for asset GL am unable to see the opening balance for the year 2014

My audit report is not yet finalized. but i want to run fixed asset Depreciation for Apr-14 and May-14.So book hard closure is not possible as of

now.How do i transfer the balance before book closure.

Please help me with some suitable solution.

Regards,

Dhivakaran.JM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dhivakaran,

AJRW is for asset closing in AA Module and it has no relation with GL Balances, for GL Balances Carry Forward check FAGLGVTR.

Regards,

SC

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhivakaran,

If you run AJRW it is sufficient to run depreciation for next periods in asset side.

But please ensure you have transferred FI balances vide T code F.16

Hope it solves.

Regards,

G.Sethuraman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Sethuraman,

I have transfered the balance using FAGLGVTR what is the difference between F.16 and FAGLGVTR.

What will happened if i do using FAGLGVTR

Regards,

Dhivakaran.JM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhivakaran,

We are using F.16 only. We havent used FAGLGVTR.

Hope Mr.Ajay could help you in this regard.

Regards,

G.Sethuraman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dhivankaran,

Transaction F.16 and FAGLGVTR are processing the balance carry forward in different total tables with respect to what is implemented in SAP (Classic or New GL).

F.16 -> Table GLT0

FAGLGVTR -> New G/L's totals table which is usually FAGLFLEXT

Both TCodes are independend from each other.

F.16 Carryforward FI balance (below version ecc 5.0)

FAGLGVTR - Carryforward FI balance (version ECC 5.0 onwards)

If you are using new G/L accounting, you need to use FAGLGVTR to perform the carry forward in your new G/L ledger(s) otherwise F.16 will do your work.

If you have also activated the update of table GLT0 in parallel, you have to use F.16 to perform the carry forward in GLT0 for future years.

I hope this serves to answer your question.

Regards,

Guneetinder Singh

ajaycwa1981
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Balance transfer can happen later on. You can continue to post depreciation for Apr/May 2014

Br. Ajay M

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ajay,

Without Transferring the balance if i run AFAB t-code will it post the Depreciation Run for the month of Apr-14.

Regards,

Dhivakaran.JM