cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archiving of PO's and PR's related to Project system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Expert,

I have a query regarding Project system. We are archiving PO's and PR's, as we have identify all the PO's and PR's which can be archived irrespective of Project system.

Regarding PO’s, we cannot archive a PO if it’s tied to an open project, so I’d like to better understand how that requirement is being addressed before any archiving of PO’s is pursued. How we can identify the PO's which has open project from the list of PO which we have fetch from preprocessing log file of archiving process?

Can anyone please guide on above query. It would be great for me.

Regards,

Shweta R

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Why do you need to know those POs which are linked to an open project?

What do you do with that info?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Jurgen,

Thanks for quick reply.

Got a requirement from client. Actually we are confused whether this PO is related to Project system or not. If yes how do we proceed further.If this PO is link with PS then if we archived do this will impact on project. How we do get the PO's which has been created from PS.

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you want to archive and select/restrict based on projects then you have to activate an enhancement which came with OSS note 1624992 - Enhance MM and PM archiving reports for PS and 1621786 - Enhancement spot for archiving programs in purchasing

see as well the related notes in those notes.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen,

Thanks for providing sap notes.I will look into these and get back to you.

Regards,

Shweta R

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jurgen.

I have query related to archiving of PO's related to project(WBS). As per the standard archiving functionality it should not be archiving PR's or PO's unless the associated project is in closed status, but in our case open Project Po;s are getting archived even though if the PO's of project has the status TECO (Technically completed)

I want to know that whether it is consider as a closed Project or it open project when the status has TECO.

Please let me know if we are doing something wrong with the archiving process.

Regards,

SR

JL23
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

There is a pretty good docu on TECO in help.sap.com: Technical Completion - SAP Library

where it is explained what it stops and what still can be done.

"closed" is a very uncertain term, 4 people have 4 different meanings on that.

the status CLSD is probably an abbreviation for closed, but the official term is business completed, which is a precondition for archiving. TECO along is not sufficient.

Checks  Plant Maintenance and Customer Service (PM/CS) - SAP Library

SAP allowed in its design to archive requisitions which belong to projects, if they fulfill the preconditions for MM_EBAN. I gave you a SAP note in second reply. Follow this note and setup your own checks if you do not want to archive requisitions that belong to incomplete projects.