cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archivelink Basic Settings - protocol for internet brower

heikki_heinonen
Explorer
0 Kudos
3,472

Hi,

I try to make such configuration where documents

from one new content repository (to 3th party system) would be opened in internet explorer but

the rest of the repositories would be opened in SAP document viewer as those are now.

Currently I have setting in OAG4 so that

Include ECL Control and Use HTML Control is active.

And of course if I change setting to Call Interne Browser, all documents

will be opened in browser.

The help says that:

Call HTML - Control (only for HTTP Content Server)

When an HTTP content server is used, documents can be displayed in HTML control directly.

This function is only available for storage systems that are certified SAP ArchiveLink 4.5B.

Note:

This setting can be overridden in the SAPGUI for Windows by SAP ArchiveLink protocol settings.

So what kind of protocol I need to make that the setting is overriden?

And if there is something else that I need to consider.

Regards,

-Heikki-

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

heikki_heinonen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Here is the solution that I used...

Create new protocol that will use communication type OPEN_V_URL and opens archived document in internet explorer.

  1. Create NEW application for protocol in Ta. OAA4
    1. Maintain Function: Dispay Stored Document

  Use Application INTERNETEXPLORER.APPLICATION  and give following. You can hide toolbar for example changing proper value to 0

     2. Create new protocol in OAA3

    1. Modify Display Stored Document --> Maintain document class" * "or proper document class
    2. Use Communication type OPEN_V_URL and select application you created in step 1

     3. Attach protocol to content repository in Ta. OAC0


Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

this was very useful but can you tell me in the Content-Repository how I have to change it?

I don't know what I have to write into the HTTP-Script, do I have to write my own script? If yes, how should it look like?

kind regards,

Carmen

heikki_heinonen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

As it was the 3rd party system (Basware vendor invoice management) I got from them the "link" that I should use in HTTP Script. So I actually do not know what the script itself holds.

..so I have for example ObjectType: BKPF and Doc.Type FIINVOICE and Basware system creates link to SAP, behind the SAP document. So users can open invoice data from external system straight from the SAP document.

Br,

-Heikki-

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thx for your supply. I will try to find a solution that will work for the http script.

kind regards,

Carmen

former_member183148
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Heikki,

How were you coming to know these set & get Command?

Thanks,

Kolusu

heikki_heinonen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Kolusu,

You mean from where I got these set & get Commands?

these are standard IE objects...

more info in here: InternetExplorer object (Windows)

just select the correct method / property.

-Heikki-

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heikki

Thanks for the reply.

Setting the parameter “Release generated object after call” in OAA4 brought the success that we don’t get the error anymore !

Only poor effect that appears is that for every document that’s viewed a new Internet Explorer session is opened.

It's however a little bit strange that in the first go this change seemed to have no influence and also with the second attempt it first worked and a day later the error occurred again. Meanwhile it seems that the system decided not to josh us anymore and to work as we would like to have it ...

Regards Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Heikki

We've got the same problem as you described becaues we also use DIP Baseware.

So I made also the customizing via OAC0, OAA4, OAA3 and OAG4 that brought the solution for you.

Unfortunately we still have a problem: The first attempt to view a DIP document via the web browser works, the second leads to an OLE error in SAP.

Did you have this problem too and if so how did you solve it ?

Or didn't you get it but have an idea what the reason might be ?

Thanks & regards

Volker

heikki_heinonen
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi,

Good question, as I had not noticed this earlier... it seems to work for me partially.

With this I mean that if I open images from ta. OAAD

then first page is opened OK, but second will fail with that OLE error... had not noticed that before.

Then I tried to open pages from ta. FB03 (like users usually do in our company) so that I opened one posted document...opened attachment... left the web page open,

but closed the posted SAP document

and then opened new one...and attachment.

This time new browser was opened and so both documents were open at same time,

in different browsers.

So there might be somewhere possibility to define should you open new browser every time, but I do not remember seen that...or that I would had modified something like that.

You could try to modify the protocol with some extra commands (maybe)..

InternetExplorer object (Windows)

Br,

-Heikki-