Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Archive data..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friends.

I need to Archive Payroll data...so searched and got good help from SDN. Thanks

I need to delete data from PPOIX, PPOPX and CATSDB.

So I use objects PA_PIDX and PA_CALC to archive the same...

Any ideas what Object shall i use for CATSDB table..

Also, if I need to delete data before 2005, what shall i use at Archiving Date and Retroactive Accounting date in the assignment side(PU22)..

Please help.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Park,

For CATSDB table you could use the archiving object CATS_DATA.

Regards

Asish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Many Thanks Asish for the help.

Could you please help regarding Archive Date and Retroactive Accounting date in the assignment side(PU22) as this sounds confusing...

Since I need to delete all the data before year 2005, what shall i use at Archiving Date and Retroactive Accounting date and if i delete almost 4 to 5 years data will there any be storage constraints from the Archive part.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Park,

Please try this and see if it is working for you :

1) Go to transaction <SARA> and give the object name and press ENTER

2) Click on Write and create a variant to archive the data.

For object PA_PIDX : Give the range of Posting run which are created before 2005 (or as per your requirement). If you press F4 you could get the posting run and the creation dates.

For object CATS_DATA : Here there is a date field in the selection screen where you could give the range of dates for which you need to archive the data.

For object PA_CALC : Here you need to give the archiving group name.An archiving group must have been created by the Archive Accounting Data transaction (PU22).

3) After creating Write variant , execute the job.

4) Go back to <SARA> and select the delete button. In the next screen, click on archive selection. Here you will be able to view the archived file which has been archived in Step 2 and 3.

5) After selecting the archive file in step 4, execute the delete jobs. This will delete the archived data from the database tables.

About Archivng date and Retroactive Accounting date I could find only the below details :

In this step, you specify the date that is used to determine a default value for the other date.If you specify the retroactive accounting limit, the system performs a subsequent step to determine a default value for the archiving date, and vice versa.

The default value is determined so that the interval between the two dates is as brief as possible and the statutory regulations are met. The default values determined on the basis of your entries can be changed in a subsequent step.

Hope this helps you.

Regards

Asish.