cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AR Question

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Experts,

I am trying to understand AR functionality in R/3. As you know SAP uses two tables in R/3 for AR. BSID for open items and BSAD for cleared items.

Is the following statement true:

An entry/record is created in BSID table for open items/customer balance and when the customer makes a payment the entry is deleted from BSID table and a record is created in BSAD table.

I would really appreciate if you could confirm if my understanding is correct.

The reason I ask this question is:

We have a custom ABAP program (developed way back) that extracts data from BSID and BSAD based on the User Input parameters Customer Number and Evaluation Date. This program extracts records from BSID and BSAD with the following select conditions given below:

Issue:

When this ABAP Program was run in first week of May 2008 194 records were extracted. Now, in August when I run the same ABAP Program with Evaluation Date of 04/30/2008 I get 212 records. Why is there a difference in the number of records if my Evaluation Date is 04/30/2008

My Input Parameters:

P_DATE: 04/30/2008

S_CUST: 12345

Select Statement for BSID:

P_DATE is the input parameter

S_CUST is the input parameter

SELECT *

FROM BSID

WHERE KUNNR IN S_CUST AND

BUDAT LE P_DATE AND

DMBTR NE 0.

Select Statement for BSAD:

DATE2 = P_DATE + 1.

SELECT *

FROM BSAD

WHERE KUNNR IN S_CUST AND

AUGDT GE DATE2 AND

BUDAT LE P_DATE AND

DMBTR NE 0.

I would really appreciate if someone can enlighten me.

Thanks.

Regards,

Jamspam

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eli,

I am looking at the BSAD table which has the entry now when I ran the program in August. The details are as follows:

Example 1:

Entered on: 04/14/2008

Document Date: 04/11/2008

Posting Date: 04/11/2008

Clearing Date: 06/12/2008

Basline Date: 04/11/2008

Example 2:

Entered on: 04/01/2008

Document Date: 03/31/2008

Posting Date: 03/31/2008

Clearing Date: 05/29/2008

Basline Date: 03/31/2008

These entries were not in BSAD table when the program was originally run in first week of May. I can understand that and it makes sense since these were cleared after first week of May.

My question is: Why were these two records not extracted from BSID table in first week of May? Does it mean that these records were not present in BSID table to begin with?

Thanks.

Regards,

Jamspam

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

That will be hard to establish now... Just check, that now it works all right.

Regards,

Eli

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Eli for the confirmation. I am now puzzled why I would get different results when the program ran beginning of May 2008 and now in August even though my input parameters are the same.

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Well, one simple reason could be that there was a document which was entered in May, but with posting date for March. Or do you close the financial periods and this is not possible?

iklovski
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is right; BSID contains uncleared documents, which are transferred to BSAD after the clearing.

Regards,

Eli