cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AR Credit Memo cancellation_Don't increase quantity.

DaoTran1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear Expert, 
I have an AR Credit memo and it's cancellation. Both of them did not check for Without posting qty. The item master data also checks for the Inventory category.

However, I cannot find them in the Inventory Audit Report (already checked the right warehouse, from date to date). I don't know why.

Please help me how to check it.

Thank you so much.

View Entire Topic
Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

This is by design. When you cancel a document both the cancelled document and the cancellation document negate each other. The behaviour of the cancellation document is the exact opposite of the cancelled document.

Transactions that were reversed this way will not show up in any report (inventory audit, sales analysis, etc).

If you want to reverse a transaction, and have that reversal show up in reports, you have to use a different method.

Regards,

Johan

DaoTran1988
Explorer
0 Kudos

Dear @Johan_H,
If the transaction relates to inventory, I saw both of them (Base transaction and cancellation transaction also appear on the inventory report).
The same with my case, other AR credit memo and it's cancellation also appear in Audit report, but some transaction not.

I don't know why.

DaoTran1988
Explorer

@Dear @Johan_H,

I already found it. Because the AR Reserve Invoice has not copy to delivery. So when do a Credit Note based on it will not affect the inventory.

Johan_H
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
@DaoTran1988, thanks, that is good to know.