Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approvals process for Delivery document

former_member216345
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have a non conventional scenario, that needs to be handled by SAP Deliveries (Created without reference). Business scenario is as follows:

A research organization has multiple testing sites across the globe. It already has SAP system installed for its day to day processes. The organization has testing sites across the globe which order specific chemicals from a primary site. Now it is required to capture the delivery related part of this process needs to be mapped into SAP. SAP Delivery document would be used to meet this requirement.

However, the legacy system has an approval process in place. i.e. there are 4 lines in a request, it is quite possible that these 4 materials have 4 different 'owners'. These 'owners' 'approve' the release of specific chemicals in the legacy system.

The requirement is to map this line item level approval in the delivery document. However, Delivery Block is only at header level. Please provide suitable pointers so that this can be captured in standard SAP, or if not possible suggest appropriate customisation.

Thanks in advance,

Onkar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I think you need to go for workflow for each item to get it approve.Once all items approved then system should allow do PGI otherwise system should through message the delivery line item still pending for release.Here you need to put some user exit to check the approval workflow before PGI.

You need to develop a report delivery wise for Users where Delivery is pending so that users can get approval from material owners.

Check with technical team for their analysis.

former_member216345
Participant
0 Kudos

Thaks for the quick reply, we are already exploring the workflow option, but have several queries.

1. Would it be possible to control the workflow for a delivery at line item level. If yes how will the approval result in status change in Delivery?

2. We have only 2 statuses: picking completion and PGI. The delivery in legacy system has 2 more statuses, and they are to be captured in SAP delivery(at header level). Is it possible to add statuses to the delivery, or use some of the standard ones?

3. I am not able to edit price in the delivery, despite adding pricing procedure, and making the item category relevant for pricing. The pricing fields are grayed out. Am I missing anything?

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. Would it be possible to control the workflow for a delivery at line item level. If yes how will the approval result in status change in Delivery?

I think we can initiate the work flow line item wise .It should be populate services for object tab.That is the reason when some thing is missed you should put some check point before you do PGI the delivery completly approved or not.

2. We have only 2 statuses: picking completion and PGI. The delivery in legacy system has 2 more statuses, and they are to be captured in SAP delivery(at header level). Is it possible to add statuses to the delivery, or use some of the standard ones?

What are other 2 status you required ?.If it is really required then check in any otions VOFM to add some fields in header .

3. I am not able to edit price in the delivery, despite adding pricing procedure, and making the item category relevant for pricing. The pricing fields are grayed out. Am I missing anything?

*Did you make any pricing configuration for the delivery type ?.If not do configuration.

SPRO>Logistics Execution>Shipping>Basic Shipping Functions>Pricing-->Define Pricing Procedures for Delivery*

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member216345
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for the answers, The price was not appearing because the requirement was not fulfilled, now this is corrected.

I would like to use the statuses Piciking and confirmation, independently. Currently, I have activated picking confirmation at shipping point level(spro> Log. Execution>shipping --> picking --> define confirmation of requirementsand picking and confirmation is happening together. I want to use Picking confirmation independant of the picking status, is there any user exit for this ?

former_member182609
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check this user exit FORM USEREXIT_LIPS-KOQUI_DETERMINE in Program MV50AFZ3 for picking control and check the Picking Routines.

(spro> Log. Execution>shipping --> picking --> Define Picking Requirements) any routine you can control.