Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval Procedure - SAP loses the changes to the document

gianluca_calloni
Participant
0 Kudos

Good morning to all.

I need an explanation regarding the approval procedures.

We have recently upgraded the system from version 2007 SP01 PL10 to version 8.81 PL10.

We have a approval procedure whit 2 level:

User A => Create the document

User B => First level approval.

If User B approve the document then

User C => Final level approval

I noticed that in the previous version, during the phase of approvals, was created a single record in the table ODRF. This record was updated with various changes made by users during the approval phase. The changes made ​​during the approval phase regarding UDF

Now, with the new version, I find myself with the table ODRF registering a record for each change made to the document that is pending approval.

So, if User B open the document pending approval, saves it as a draft, then edit some UDF and still saves as a draft, in ODRF table we have 2 line (the first for the first save, the second for the UDF edited and so on...)

But, when you invoke the document itself to approve or modify it, it always loads the first record from the table ODRF, thus losing all the changes.

Do you have news about this situation? Are there solutions?

Sorry for my english...

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It is quite possible that update changed some of UDF functionalities. You'd better test in test environment to verify it.

Thanks,

Gordon

gianluca_calloni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi GORDON.

Thank for your reply

After talking with our partners, I confirm that version 8.81 is not possible to make changes to the UDF fields in a document during the approval phase.

More precisely, the changes can be made, the document can be saved as a draft during the approval procedure, but at the time of approval, the changes are not shown.

This is because, in the drafts table (ODRF), unlike what happened in the 2007 SP01 PL10 and even in version 8.80, the changes are saved in other records (line) with other draft number ID respect to the original record, and therefore no longer recoverable and / or visible .

And, I do not understand why, there is no trace in any official document about SAP to that change.

Sono incazzato....

Former Member
0 Kudos

This change is technical so that you may not find any documents for it. However, we cannot fight with the system. You need to redesign your process if necessarily.

gianluca_calloni
Participant
0 Kudos

No one can answer? At least give me confirmation of this situation?

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

As per my knowledge, the changes which u done on the document which is pending for approval,then ithe document will never record the latest change.I think it is designed to avoid the amendments to be made for approval pending document

gianluca_calloni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kambadasan.

Thanks for reply. I understand that the changes made ​​to the document being approved are no longer "see" on the document itself. Still registered in the table of the draft (ODRF), writing a line for each change recorded.

What I would like to know is whether this depends on a change made during the upgrade to version 8.81 or not.

In the previous version (2007 SP01 PL10), changes to documents in approval procedure were recorded were and available to users interested in the approval process (creator of the document and approver).

thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Those changes are used to made changes in change log.

I dont think, that it is because of upgradation.

Edited by: kambadasan on Feb 13, 2012 5:42 PM

gianluca_calloni
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Kambadasam,

I think it is not possible. As I wrote earlier, in our previous version (2007 SP01 PL10) UDF fields could be modified during the approval process of a document. The changes were saved in the draft document.

This procedure was used by me until January 20, 2011, date on which we have updated the system to version 8.81